Ah - how my heart yearns for my native Kent. I feel
quite homesick reading this. Is the blossom run as
gorgeous this spring? And the lambs, the Weald
and the north downs. Shoreham must be beautiful
just now. :cry:
Dago & Mrs D
Supreme Being

Post by Dago & Mrs D » Mon May 07, 2007 4:13 pm

Pilgrim: Sue is an ace at cloning - she's cloned my hubby and now your Bongo :lol: :wink: :shock:
Pete & Sue
Tribal Elder

Post by Pete & Sue » Thu May 10, 2007 7:38 pm

Hi Pilgrim,
Just returned from Normandy and saw your message. We bought our Bong in December from AVA and it is finished in the carbon fibre effect.
We have used the van quite well as regards camping since then and enjoyed it immensely; especially meeting the folks at the Wirral Meet. I think that our area should organise a meet in the future.
Pete & Sue

Turned out nice again!
Pete & Sue
Tribal Elder

Post by Pete & Sue » Thu May 10, 2007 7:41 pm

Bless you Muvwitch! Yes, the blossom is as spectacular as ever, and ignoring the rubbish on the road, all is well in the south.
Pete & Sue

Turned out nice again!
Pete & Sue
Tribal Elder

Post by Pete & Sue » Thu May 10, 2007 7:43 pm

Hello Mrs Dago
Sue has made a good job of the clone, I think. Can't wait to see the Bongo!
Where's your photo?
Pete & Sue

Turned out nice again!
Dago & Mrs D
Supreme Being

Post by Dago & Mrs D » Thu May 10, 2007 7:48 pm

Hi Peter & Sue,
Welcome back to Blighty.
Did you see that Pilgrim is a clone! Drives a two tone Silver R reg, so must also be called 'Peter' from hence forth \:D/ \:D/

Have been looking for a suitable site for a local meet since we did Nutley last October. If you have any suitable areas/pubs that can take a party of Bongee, maybe we can fix something up. Need to keep clear of the arranged Meets though.

Dago
Pete & Sue
Tribal Elder

Post by Pete & Sue » Thu May 10, 2007 7:54 pm

Bone Jaw Dago!
We have a site near us; Broadhembury Farm at Kingsnorth, near Ashford.
Perhaps when we have fulfilled our baby-sitting duties in Liverpool we could meet somewhere in the south or south East?
Pete & Sue

Turned out nice again!
Harry
Supreme Being

Post by Harry » Thu May 10, 2007 8:24 pm

Sent it back this instant....its a well known fact that no two bongos are alike :lol: :lol: :lol:

H

Oops...just realised I've replied to Pilgrim's posting from 3 days ago.

Book em Sue 8)

H
http://watcherswildlife.co.uk

Towing a shed with a Citroen C4 Picasso 1.6hdi vtr+
Pete & Sue
Tribal Elder

Post by Pete & Sue » Thu May 10, 2007 8:32 pm

It's one thing to Book 'em, but another to ride the Waves!!!!!! DANO!
Pete & Sue

Turned out nice again!
Pilgrim

Post by Pilgrim » Sun May 13, 2007 7:18 pm

Sorry for the delay with a photo of my Bongo, but had to get my I.T. guru to sort out the imaging software, so here it is.

Pete & Sue
Tribal Elder

Post by Pete & Sue » Sun May 13, 2007 8:44 pm

Hi Pilgrim!

What a luverly NUF bus - just like ours! Do you also tell everyone that NUF is 'FUN' backwards? \:D/ Get some funny responses from non-bongo owners but heigh-ho, we love it and this is one thing we are not going to regret doing (my old granny always told me it's better to do it and wish you hadn't than not to do it and wish you had - wise lady!)

We are off to Chester to visit me Dad's old haunts on Thursday for a week - our daughter has already booked some babysitting jobs for us (love it!!), then back in Kent for a week and off again to Cornwall - in fact, we are spending more time in the NUF bus than in our house!! Can't understand how some people get bored when they retire - we are having a lovely time!

Love the Forum (when Pete lets me get on it) and feel already that we have joined a great bunch and can't wait to meet.

Sue

PS I wasn't really a traffic warden in pre-Bongo life, but I was a truant officer!!
Pete & Sue

Turned out nice again!
Pilgrim

Post by Pilgrim » Mon May 14, 2007 5:54 pm

Hi Pete and Sue,

No I had'nt thought of "NUF" being "FUN" (although it is :D ). The only comment we have had was from AVA Leisure when completing the conversion "-rnuf! is -rnuf!" :roll: I had bought the Bongo from an auction and arranged for AVA to do the conversion. During the conversion several major problems :( were found and rectified at more cost and delay :cry: but overall we saved money :) . I can only praise AVA for their expertise, skill and patience. Would I do it again :?: , yes but now I know what to look out for.

Are you going to the New Forest Meet?

We are planning to go to Cornwall later this year Liskard, Helston and/or Blanford Forum, maybe we'll see you about.

Brian & Geri
Dago & Mrs D
Supreme Being

Post by Dago & Mrs D » Mon May 14, 2007 7:06 pm

Hi Pilgrim,

Are you in Cornwall in September?

7 to 9 September. Bongo Fest South West, Trelawne, Cornwall

See 'Fancy Meeting Up' for more detail.
Incidently, we shall be at Lymington in July. Look forward to meeting up with you if you are there.

Dago
Pete & Sue
Tribal Elder

Post by Pete & Sue » Mon May 14, 2007 11:06 pm

Hi Brian & Geri

We are pretty well booked up Bongowise this year - mainly because our second grandchild is due at beginning of September and we need to be near Liverpool/Wirral from mid-August ready for babysitting our Dylan while Mum & Dad share in the arrival of the new one!! We also have to spend 4 weeks in France (what a bind!!!) spending our possible last summer in our cottage in Normandy (which is on the market as we cannot do justice to both Bongo and cottage).

Hopefully next year will be more organised (think I said that last year!!) and we fully intend to go to EVERYTHING! \:D/ \:D/
Pete & Sue

Turned out nice again!
Pilgrim

Post by Pilgrim » Sun May 20, 2007 9:23 pm

Hi Dago,
Not sure when we will be in Cornwall as dates yet to be arranged. Have to get trips to Portugal and France over first, But September sounds about right time will review nearer time.

Brian & Geri

Return to “London, Kent & Sussex”