Garage in/around MK?

jone_it

Garage in/around MK?

Post by jone_it » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:46 am

Please could anybody copy-paste some advices from this topic http://www.igmaynard.co.uk/bongo/forum/ ... 31&t=40049 that I can't read for some strange technical reason?

Alternatively, (i.e. if nobody can't read it too) could anybody suggest a Bongo-knowledgeable garage in/around MK, much preferably following personal experience? I'm going to have a list of requirements of various complexity for my very 1st B-service in MK, so would like to understand what garage could do what kind of works and at what level.
Glenn_G
Junior Bongonaut

Re: Garage in/around MK?

Post by Glenn_G » Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:27 pm

Hi jone_it,

I wondered if you did find anyone in/near Milton Keynes for servicing etc who is knowledgeable on Bongos/Ford Rangers (same engine), I only ask when trying to view the older post on May 8th 2010 by neil_1979 titled 'Can anyone recommend a good Bongo garage near Milton Keynes?' I get an error
'The requested topic does not exist.' - maybe this is/was the same viewing problem as you?

Or anyone else know a good Bongo mechanic in/near Milton Keynes as mine is making a strange chirping/soft screeching noise under no load - stationary and in park/neutra. The noise then clears/stops when drive engaged and throttle applied and you're away moving ... not sure if they all do this or it's a belt or water pump on the way out?

Cheers
M 80NGO
Supreme Being
Location: Usually in My own wibbly wobbly lill world ! Otherwise Huntingdon.

Post by M 80NGO » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:55 pm

PM'd ya :wink:
jone_it

Post by jone_it » Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:53 pm

Hi,

So far I used Chalky Whites (http://chalkywhitesmk.com). They didn't have extensive Bongo experiences but appeared quite clever generally in diesels and cooling systems, so after trying several other garages (with the same absence of Bongo experience, neither absence of satisfactory results) I sticked to this garage while still watching on my internal satisfaction about their abilities of maintaining my car.

Hope that may help.
Glenn_G wrote:Hi jone_it,

I wondered if you did find anyone in/near Milton Keynes for servicing etc who is knowledgeable on Bongos/Ford Rangers (same engine), I only ask when trying to view the older post on May 8th 2010 by neil_1979 titled 'Can anyone recommend a good Bongo garage near Milton Keynes?' I get an error
'The requested topic does not exist.' - maybe this is/was the same viewing problem as you?

Or anyone else know a good Bongo mechanic in/near Milton Keynes as mine is making a strange chirping/soft screeching noise under no load - stationary and in park/neutra. The noise then clears/stops when drive engaged and throttle applied and you're away moving ... not sure if they all do this or it's a belt or water pump on the way out?

Cheers
francophile1947
Supreme Being

Post by francophile1947 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:27 pm

Glenn_G, if you look at this thread http://www.igmaynard.co.uk/bongo/forum/ ... 31&t=43938, you will see that there was a presumed corruption of the database, causing all threads in the Chiltern's section to disappear :? I have now removed all the non-existent threads to avoid further confusion :wink:
John
(Evidence that intelligent life exists in the universe, is that it hasn't tried to contact us)
Glenn_G
Junior Bongonaut

Post by Glenn_G » Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:56 pm

Hi jone_it/francophile1947

Thanks for reply/update.

Well wd40 cured the belt noise for awhile but its back, so now I will have to book it in somewhere to get fixed.

I may have found a garage who know about these engines, if it pans out I'll report back.

cheers

Return to “Chilterns, Thames Valley & Cotswolds”