Raising the van

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

Blazerbob
Apprentice Bongonaut

Raising the van

Post by Blazerbob » Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:48 am

Howdy Bongonauts!

Does anyone have experience raising the bongo on spacers? I'm familiar with the pillow kits for the rear coils that improve the ride, but I'd be curious about what the options are to lift the whole vehicle and get some proper ground clearance :D

Cheers,

BB
Bob
Supreme Being

Re: Raising the van

Post by Bob » Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:25 am

Instinct says the easiest way would be to remove the Bongo, as a complete assembly, and replace with a Mitsubishi Delica.

Seriously, if you do find a practical way to raise the Bongo I doubt the insurers would like it, but as it's not on beam axles I can't see a simple way. :(
nth
Bongolier

Re: Raising the van

Post by nth » Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:12 pm

I had clearance issues with mines when I got it, the undertray used to ground out on normal speed bumps all the time. It wasnt till i was parked next to another one in a car park one day i realised someone had actually lowered it :roll:
I bought a full set of used shocks & springs off ebay & fitted them, what a difference, no grounding out on speed bumps anymore. It also explained why it was eating ball joints.
I then resold the lowered shocks & springs back on ebay & nearly recovered the cost back of the shocks & springs i bought.
95 2.5d 4WD AFT

Return to “Techie Stuff”