AC Electrical Fault

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

Dangermike
Bongonaut

AC Electrical Fault

Post by Dangermike » Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:29 pm

Hello

So after resolving my fan problem (Again!)

I am now looking into the AC, So this has never worked and even previous owner never got it to work
I fitted the missing belt and got it regased, but no colder
I noticed the clutch plate on AC Compressor was not engaging,

I Manually applied power to the AC compresser and the Clutch plate engages! , ( couldnt feel much temp difference, but one thing at a time!)

So found the AC Relay and if i by pass it the clutch engages,
So my guess is there signal to the Relay is not coming in.... be it the Earth or + .. will check if getting an earth when i am home and have my DVM.

Until then , i cannot seem to work out the wiring manual, is the Relay i am bypassing G3-02??

In that case the coil connections come from Ing - 10a fuse - G3-02, and the earth from the ECU?

Not sure what i can do to fix that then :(
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Re: AC Electrical Fault

Post by g8dhe » Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:24 pm

You also need to consider that the signal saying that there is refrigerant in the system might not be getting to the controller and hence the controller isn't sending the signal to engage the clutch.
Geoff
2001 Aero V6, AFT, full side conversion.
Image Spherical Visions
Dangermike
Bongonaut

Post by Dangermike » Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:27 pm

Thank you,
Would you know where that sensor would be?
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Post by g8dhe » Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:30 pm

Its 61-503 at the top of the holding tank with the connector http://www.lushprojects.com/bongopartsm ... 02.html#22
Geoff
Image Spherical Visions
Dangermike
Bongonaut

Post by Dangermike » Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:33 pm

So good news is…. If I short out the switch mentioned the clutch engages! And also one of the radiator fans started spinning, ( the first time it did the second time it didn’t)

So now can I replace it with gas in the system? Or does it need to be drained first?

Also after I shorted it and all was “working” it didn’t get any colder in the cabin….
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Post by g8dhe » Sun Jul 18, 2021 6:55 pm

Well take it in for a re-gas, they suck all the old out, pressure test with nitrogen and if it passes the testing, its re-filled.
Geoff
Image Spherical Visions
Dangermike
Bongonaut

Post by Dangermike » Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:41 pm

So was actually really gased last year, hasn’t worked since,

Can these switches fail. Or is it likely just to be low pressure?
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Post by g8dhe » Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:31 am

Well without testing the switch I can't see how you can tell, that would require removing it from the system not sure I have heard of any problems before with the switch itself. Most of the garages won't charge you unless they can get the system working. My own system was re-gassed last week and as there machine failed each time beyond 700 grams I wasn't charged, the system is not as cold as I would like it at present but I'll return once they have there system working again, however I wasn't charged.
Geoff
Image Spherical Visions
Dangermike
Bongonaut

Post by Dangermike » Mon Jul 19, 2021 3:11 pm

Hi,

yeah that sounds fair, When we gassed it last year it wasnt working, but a the time he said that the AC Belt was missing, and that once fitted everything should work, if not he said it would be the compressor.. so he said he would leave the gas in, and any problems take it back and he will take gas out,

Its been a long year, with various things going on, Replaced AC belt soon after Gas but it did not resolve it.
So assumed compressor,

Was only recently i had the time to diagnose it, the fact that i can get the AC Clutch to engage when the Pressure switch is by passed gives me the impression that the Compressor is fine.

Unless some how the gas has leaked out (they did a leak test). then im not sure whats going on!
Dangermike
Bongonaut

Post by Dangermike » Mon Jul 19, 2021 6:24 pm

Also… is there a a way to test the rad fans?

As when I bypassed the pressure switch the first time. One rad fan came on! Now none of them do…

Tried bypassing the relays b6-01/02/03
But no luck

Return to “Techie Stuff”