Air con valve locations

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

mikeyr
Junior Bongonaut

Air con valve locations

Post by mikeyr » Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:15 pm

Hi folks, have my Freda going in tomorrow morning for a regas, one of those free if it can't hold the pressure jobs, at ATS euromaster for about £35.

Now I know they won't have the Bongo in their system but I've found the refrigerant and oil amounts on here. But is it obvious where the valves are for regassing the system?

I know nothing about how it works other than they hook a machine up and let it do its thing but I'm hoping they'll easily locate the valves they need. But if it's NOT obvious, where DO they live? Anyone got a handy picture or two?
Ian
Supreme Being

Re: Air con valve locations

Post by Ian » Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:35 am

No pictures I'm afraid but I have copied this from the Aircon Factsheet in the members area of main website:

"For the purposes of refilling the gas, the high pressure port is located centrally just in front of the radiator behind the front grill - mine has a cap with an 'H' marked on it.

The low pressure port (used if you have a D-I-Y kit) is accessed by removing the air intake (big flat-ish ducting mounted just on top but behind the radiator) - the low pressure port is then just about visible behind the radiator."
668. The Neighbour of The Beast.
mikeyr
Junior Bongonaut

Post by mikeyr » Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:19 am

Thanks Ian, I guess they'll need both ports to recharge so I'll take this info too!
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Post by g8dhe » Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:46 am

There are two outlined below the High pressure one is top right front of the radiators, and the Low pressure one is bottom left behind the radiators, both have, or should have, a plastic cap marked H or L, think you need to remove the air scoop for the Low pressure.
aircon_refill_points.jpg
Geoff
2001 Aero V6, AFT, full side conversion.
Image Spherical Visions
mikeyr
Junior Bongonaut

Post by mikeyr » Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:55 am

Thanks both - was easy to locate both, not dificult to find once undone two clips on the air intake scoop. Of course when they pressure tested it it dropped a couple of bar pretty quickly. Money refunded though so can't complain, took them an hour of tests so not really a money maker. Heads up, ATS Euromaster in Winchester were great, accomadating and corteous.

So as it must have a leak somewhere, any recommendations for local air con peeps (have used someone in Alton a few years ago) but wondered if anyone local to Southampton/Winchester way that might have experience with them.

Also, anyone know what size the trim clips are that hold the scoop down? Mine are looking a little ragged (they are the nylon snap rivet type).

Return to “Techie Stuff”