PMS3 charger repair

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

AndyHeard
Junior Bongonaut

PMS3 charger repair

Post by AndyHeard » Tue May 11, 2021 10:08 am

Hi Guys

just after a little advice and opinions on a PMS3 repair.

i have a PMS3H witht the 18amp charger, sadly the charger seems to of packed up. new prices for the units seem ridiculous, has anyone succefully had one repaired or maybe fitted an additional smart charger and just work around it etc?

i have used the hookup many times in the past howeveri also have a 120w solar setup so am wondering if people think its worth coughing up and having it replaced/repaired?

thanks
Andy
nth
Bongolier

Re: PMS3 charger repair

Post by nth » Tue May 11, 2021 10:20 am

Interested in this too as my father in laws PMS3 in his motorhome has also packed in, just the 12v charger part. Everything else on it seems ok. They use the fridge on 240v on sites & just use a maintenance trickle charger when at home plugged into the internal 240v sockets to keep the leisure battery topped up.
95 2.5d 4WD AFT
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Re: PMS3 charger repair

Post by g8dhe » Tue May 11, 2021 12:05 pm

If you can find a small local electrical repair shop then they might be prepared to have ago, its most likely to be output control transistor that has fried for some reason. I've always been on the search for the actual circuit diagram of the internals but no luck - plenty of wiring diagrams for installing of course but there no help when repairing the internals!
Geoff
2001 Aero V6, AFT, full side conversion.
Image Spherical Visions

Return to “Techie Stuff”