Air Con Pipes (rear)

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

Vincent87
Apprentice Bongonaut

Air Con Pipes (rear)

Post by Vincent87 » Tue May 04, 2021 12:52 pm

Hi, I had to disconnect the rear heater system completely and remove it so the underside of Betty could be replaced. I've gone to reconnect it all up and whilst the coolant pipes have gone on fine, the two metal AC pipes just will not tighten, the bolts aren't stripped so I'm wondering; is there some sort of something I'm supposed to put in the hole or around the bolt to 'seal' it?
Thanks
cwilliams255
Bongolier

Re: Air Con Pipes (rear)

Post by cwilliams255 » Thu May 06, 2021 9:27 pm

I don’t think there is any special technique, you should obviously have an o-ring on the fitting and they should fit snugly into the opening and the bolts just tighten up. I’ve removed my rear heater and capped the rear aircon pipes but I’ve still got the radiator and fittings so can check at the weekend if useful
Northern Bongolow
Supreme Being

Post by Northern Bongolow » Fri May 07, 2021 10:36 am

Just trying to remember , should there be a bolt or bolts to hold the unit inside to the now new floor, if this bolt has been removed the unit inside may have moved so the bolt holes for the pipe bolts are empty.
Maybe someone can check on the drawings.
Vincent87
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by Vincent87 » Tue May 11, 2021 6:58 pm

Issue solved, the bracket the bolts go through is aluminium and the hole had got slightly damaged... luckily my welder had a nifty little gadget that used a sort of spring jacket that opened up inside and redid the thread inside
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Tue May 11, 2021 9:29 pm

Useful, thanks. :)

Return to “Techie Stuff”