roof open alarm bleeping

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

stunews
Bongonaut

roof open alarm bleeping

Post by stunews » Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:20 am

Hi, I've had my van 10 years, the roof open warning light was on when I bought it, and it's happily blinked away for 10 years odd.

The roof opening button has been a bit temperamental recently. Sometimes it takes a minute before it decides to open/close. It also has a problem opening fully, sometimes the roof needs a little nudge to fully extend.

At the weekend the situation deteriorated, in that the bleeping didn't stop when I closed the roof. I assumed the issue was that I hadn't opened the roof fully before closing it again - I was putting a mattress up there before leaving - so I duly opened it fully until the bleeping stopped, and closed it again. No fix. Tried this a few more times and gave up. I made the trip to Plymouth with a loud bleeping noise going. Great for stopping me from nodding off. Not great for the nerves.

Now I'm assuming the worst and that bongy will have to go to the doctor, but if there's any secret knowledge that anyone can share at this point I'd like to hear it!

Thanks
Stu
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Re: roof open alarm bleeping

Post by g8dhe » Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:41 pm

There are two limit switches at the front that detect when the sliders are fully home into the locking shrouds, one puts out the light one puts out the beeping so it sounds like both need adjusting see the images on the link below;
http://www.g8dhe.net/bongo_images/aft/index.php?ind=0
Geoff
2001 Aero V6, AFT, full side conversion.
Image Spherical Visions
stunews
Bongonaut

Re: roof open alarm bleeping

Post by stunews » Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:38 pm

Thanks Geoff, I've actually dropped it at the garage to have a look at this for me. Saves me a job...

Return to “Techie Stuff”