New error code 0115

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

Bongofamily
Junior Bongonaut

New error code 0115

Post by Bongofamily » Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:51 pm

Hello
I have an 02 Diesel and have been fighting the notorious 0040 and 1228 error codes for a while. I think my turbo is very gunged up and probably needs a whole new can of Mr Muscle. I think the EGR system has been blanked at some point in the past so might be contributing to that code.

Anyway having tried a fix or two I have reset the ECU a couple of time by disconnecting the battery and now I get another code to, 0115. The web says this is the engine coolant temperature circuit. I found the coupling and the sensor. I saw a video about testing the electrical connector and I think that it might be broken before that point. What I don’t know is where to trace the wire back too... so where does that circuit start? Does it have a fuse? Only want to replace the actual sensor as a last resort as it will naturally introduce air into the coolant system...
Gandalf The White
Junior Bongonaut

Re: New error code 0115

Post by Gandalf The White » Wed Aug 02, 2023 9:35 am

Hi there.

I had a longstanding problems with our 2002 Diesel Bongo with the dreaded going into limp mode and glow plug light flashing once engine was warm and sat in traffic. I cleared all the old fault codes and found the two fault codes being displayed were P0400 and P1228. Spent hours researching this trawling for answers through the forums, FB groups and it's also well detailed on the Wastegate Actuator factsheet in the members section. It's obvious people have spent hours on this, but nothing seems to give a permanent guaranteed long term fix. After much head scratching I discovered Mark at The Bongo Master in Leicestershire, really good, decent, honest bloke, who knows Bongos inside and out, he has great reviews from all his customers. Mark immediately knew what the problem was. It's a known issue with later Bongos, due to combination of a change of turbo design and poorer quality grade diesel in the UK. Mark charges £600 to retrofit an older turbo from an earlier model and changes the relevant ducting and piping to go with it. The van then ran as sweet as a nut, with no loss in performance at all. Just thought I'd share, as it could save somebody alot of time, money and hassle in the future.

https://www.thebongomaster.co.uk/

Return to “Techie Stuff”