Passenger door central locking

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

g8dhe
Supreme Being

Re: Passenger door central locking

Post by g8dhe » Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:28 pm

Allenbongo wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 5:01 pm I can connect the red wire from interior lights to top left 10a fuse and happily they work. Not sure how originally connected though as there is already a blue wire with red stripe in that slot. Is it ok just fix in with that?

And then what do I do with the black wire, presumably meant to complete the circuit somewhere?

Keith
Right, have you installed a Swap Loom or are you just putting it back as it was?
The fuse holders have two connection the UPPER connection is the power side (White/Red) and the LOWER is the fused circuit side (Blue/Red) for the Top Left fuse.
The lower connection is where you would plug in a Swap Loom, this would then lead back to the new fuse block who's common connection would go to the leisure battery.
I'm guessing that "the red wire from interior lights" is possibly an added wire, because normally all the wires in the original loom would be Blue/Red and would either daisy chain around the connection points or be teed together but remain the same colour thru-out.
Geoff
2001 Aero V6, AFT, full side conversion.
Image Spherical Visions
Allenbongo
Junior Bongonaut

Post by Allenbongo » Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:28 pm

Just trying to put back original so I can do swap loom properly when that arrives (just ordered this morning)

I had a feeling something wasnt right given the colours etc of everything else (doesn't help I'm mildly colourblind but thankfully the mrs is happy to check colours!)

Having just checked the rear 12v I've realised that had an added cable that runs all the was back through the van via the roof too so suspect this added cable is for them all. Fortunately got all the internal panels out just now for replacing the blinds and easier to clean too. Looks like I've got more to remove tomorrow!

Think I'm definitely getting somewhere now though. Also fitted haydn low coolant alarm today and at least that is working properly!!

Thanks again Geoff
Allenbongo
Junior Bongonaut

Post by Allenbongo » Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:43 pm

Got carried away having found the remaining offending wiring and removed the roof lining from the rear. On the upside now got everything connected correctly again and removed the red and black that was confusing me!

Now just waiting for new parts to wire it all up properly.

Thanks very much Geoff and Bob too for guidance, definitely feel like I’m starting to get to know her now thanks to your direction

Keith

Return to “Techie Stuff”