Air suspension...

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

Bob
Supreme Being

Re: Air suspension...

Post by Bob » Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:53 am

You could always fit a compressor (with switch and pressure gauge) to the air bag kit. :wink:

I'm not sure a full air suspension set up would gain you much as the Bongo is never going to be a serious off roader. 8)
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Post by g8dhe » Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:59 am

The air bags don't actually "lift" the suspension at all, they absorb energy along with the springs under compression. The same company do however do full systems that will "lift" the vehicle so that the ride height can be adjusted but yes the pricing is a tad different :-)
Geoff
2001 Aero V6, AFT, full side conversion.
Image Spherical Visions
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:20 pm

And insurance companies love 'modifications'.

Might be worth getting a few prices before going ahead. :wink:
winchman
Supreme Being

Post by winchman » Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:51 am

I fitter air suspension to my Motor home it made no difference to the insurance but a dramatic difference to the ride and handling, 3 hours to fit, I got the kit from a foreign seller on Ebay its a copy of the £1000 kit but galvanised brackets not painted with a better compressor it was £330 delivered

This is the company website just Email them
http://www.timpro.si/index.php?language=en
winchman
Supreme Being

Post by winchman » Thu Jan 30, 2020 1:24 pm

Mine was a kit with two airbags, control panel, twin compressor all pies fitting etc and all the brackets to fit.
I would ask them if they make a kit if not you could just but the bags etc and make your own brackets?
My kit looks like this with different brackets
http://www.timpro.si/product_info.php?c ... cts_id=154
Yo could fit the up button on the dash by extending the switch on the control panel, but you have to manually let it down by opening a little valve, mine is under a bed as you rarely have to alter it, I can put different pressures in each side to allow for loading water tanks etc, whichI don't think you would need.
winchman
Supreme Being

Post by winchman » Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:57 pm

plonkatronix wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:51 pm Cheers, I might just contact them and see what they have to offer in the way of a full kit, it would be nice to replace the front struts with some air controlled units 8)
That wont be straight forward or cheap, this type of air suspension is to assist worn or poor quality leaf springs

Return to “Techie Stuff”