heater controls led bulbs

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

Weavy
Junior Bongonaut

heater controls led bulbs

Post by Weavy » Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:33 pm

Hi I'm wondering if anyone can help me as to where I can source the small leds 2 is the same size 1 is smaller with a blk fitting also the flat green ones down the left side I'd like to find similar but in blue to upgrade the lights in the control unit it's the digital unit ty in advance
Bongofamily
Junior Bongonaut

Re: heater controls led bulbs

Post by Bongofamily » Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:18 pm

The originals are not LEDs and there is a thread on here about changing them for LEDs with resistors. They need to be 12v ready. That was a bit complex for me and I wanted to keep the original green colour and had the coloured “condoms” so I found these at the weekend which seem a good replacement. Aim to fit at the weekend but have them in holders ready to go.

https://www.nationallampsandcomponents. ... gKOQ_D_BwE
Weavy
Junior Bongonaut

Post by Weavy » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:09 pm

Thankyou very much for your reply I didn't realise I said led as the main bulb my bad lol with those bulbs do they fit into he smaller one too the one with the black connector as I belive they are different sizes.
Bongofamily
Junior Bongonaut

Post by Bongofamily » Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:00 am

I used them for the two bulbs in green holders on the left side of the unit as you look at it, I think they are the smaller ones. They are slightly slimmer than the originals at the head but should be ok. Search for condom in the thread search as that is a term not often used here and you will find one about LEDs and other bulbs.
Weavy
Junior Bongonaut

Post by Weavy » Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:27 am

Awew9me Ty very much 8k have a search through later thank you for the info much appreciated

Return to “Techie Stuff”