Banjo filter not present

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

JulesMartin
Bongolier

Banjo filter not present

Post by JulesMartin » Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:56 pm

Hi Guys, Happy new year to you all. I've been rummaging through some of the postings and came across a couple regarding the banjo filter. Before Christmas when I couldn't get the engine started after the rebuild I drip fed the pump with diesel via the banjo connector which I had removed including the Allen bolt. I don't remember seeing a filter in there and wonder if it would be obvious? i've just ordered one from here and see that it comes with a spring so I'm now assuming that with the banjo connector removed the filter will jump up with spring pressure? the posts I read from march last year talk about the filter being thrown away and other discussions about Mazda fitting bits that are not needed. I don't think a fuel filter is on one of those items. #-o [-X #-o [-X
Martin
1996 2.5 TDi Silver pop top unconverted
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Re: Banjo filter not present

Post by g8dhe » Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:27 pm

I thought the spring held it down in position!
Geoff
2001 Aero V6, AFT, full side conversion.
Image Spherical Visions
JulesMartin
Bongolier

Post by JulesMartin » Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:55 am

That's brilliant Geoff, thanks for taking the time. I definitely would have put that in wrong, really appreciated. it also confirms that i'm running without one at the moment and highlights what cowboys there are out there and what we inherit in our ignorance. Thanks again =D> =D> =D>
Martin
1996 2.5 TDi Silver pop top unconverted
Ian
Supreme Being

Post by Ian » Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:45 am

Martin, thanks for the order. Your filter/spring will be posted First Class today.
668. The Neighbour of The Beast.

Return to “Techie Stuff”