Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

Navybongo
Apprentice Bongonaut

Oil leak and rear window!

Post by Navybongo » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:51 pm

Hi.

Few questions for you people.

But firstly just wanted to say thanks for all the post I have been reading. Changed my glow plugs today following the fact sheets and after reading lots of info on the posts. Went ok just a few hickcup., 3 snapped screws ! And my 1996 bongo needed the 103 mm but with a bit fiddling and rubber matting on the bus bar. Got the 85 mm to fit (short term) I got it done. (Am not mechanically minded in any way, but learning fast)

While doing the work I noticed a lot oil leaking from the rocker gasket and the seal is peeling away. Would you recommend a seal change? Oil was topped up a few months ago and now at half way mark.

Rear window - their is no water spray. And I can't seem to find where the hose should be. Any help on pointers appreciated.

Thanks Dave
Bob
Supreme Being

Re: Oil leak and rear window!

Post by Bob » Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:02 pm

Common cause of the rear washer packing up is the pump.

There's two fitted in the washer bottle, rear is the higher one.

Cheap enough off Flea Bay and simple to replace, I must have found instructions here somewhere. :wink:
teenmal
Supreme Being

Post by teenmal » Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:01 pm

You can use these to extend the short glow plugs. Obviously not the plastic ones. :lol:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_odkw ... s&_sacat=0
Doone
Supreme Being

Post by Doone » Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:51 pm

While doing the work I noticed a lot oil leaking from the rocker gasket and the seal is peeling away. Would you recommend a seal change? Oil was topped up a few months ago and now at half way mark.
Leaks are usually ignored until they become pretty bad - as yours has dropped a lot in a short time, I'd do something about it.
Allan's closed. in Plymouth we recommend PGS (Plymouth Garage Services) or Mayflower Auto Services
Navybongo
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by Navybongo » Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:29 pm

Ok thanks. I will get on that ASAP.

Return to “Techie Stuff”