Central locking

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

TheLongRoad
Bongolier

Central locking

Post by TheLongRoad » Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:17 pm

Sliding door rear door and passenger door fine, but drivers door makes a hammering sound when I press the fob. It doesn’t lock but the others do. Can lock them all using key in drivers door.
So, is the hammering sound in the drivers door telling me the solenoid is duff or does it just need the mechanism cleaning and lubricating.
2002 Friendee 2.0 ltr Petrol.
Doone
Supreme Being

Re: Central locking

Post by Doone » Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:46 am

Allan's closed. in Plymouth we recommend PGS (Plymouth Garage Services) or Mayflower Auto Services
teenmal
Supreme Being

Post by teenmal » Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:27 am

TheLongRoad wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:17 pm Sliding door rear door and passenger door fine, but drivers door makes a hammering sound when I press the fob. It doesn’t lock but the others do. Can lock them all using key in drivers door.
So, is the hammering sound in the drivers door telling me the solenoid is duff or does it just need the mechanism cleaning and lubricating.

It would be worthwhile taking the door card (inside panel )off and having a look, it could just be a screw loose or missing. Excuse the pun :lol:
TheLongRoad
Bongolier

Post by TheLongRoad » Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:10 am

Wouldn’t be the first time I’ve had a screw loose #-o I have taken the card off and there doesn’t seem to me anything mechanically wrong. Feels like lock and catch are moving smoothly. The noise is definitely from catch area. The key lock doesn’t have any electric so it’s all controlled via the catch. I assume whatever electronic is built into the catch is telling the other doors to lock/unlock. Just the drivers that’s not working and makes the hammering sound. Cheers for the input so far.
2002 Friendee 2.0 ltr Petrol.
Flanners
Bongolier

Post by Flanners » Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:25 am

Wiring/electrical issue, or some lubrication needed. On my MG's when this situation has occured it has meant the motor unit/lock is of a limited lifespan before complete failure.
2002 2.0 Aero with Outback Conversion and Roof Top Tent

Return to “Techie Stuff”