HELP! Rear boot door jammed closed!

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

waverider1
Junior Bongonaut

HELP! Rear boot door jammed closed!

Post by waverider1 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:29 am

Hi can anyone out there please help?! I’ve managed to somehow get a bag’s straps caught in the rear boot door latch mechanism when shutting it, now it’s jammed solid shut & I can’t open the door. #-o Locking & unlocking has no effect with the key, or the indoor or outdoor handle. The bag straps will not budge in any direction either. Eek! Please advise.
john14.6
Junior Bongonaut

Re: HELP! Rear boot door jammed closed!

Post by john14.6 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:14 am

Cut the strap from the outside and try pulling from the inside [should be half the thickness when cut]

Good luck
waverider1
Junior Bongonaut

Post by waverider1 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:29 am

Hi thanks, the straps (thin webbing straps) are all on the inside boot still and still won’t budge even when cut - feels like they’re tangled in the lock mechanism and they won’t pull through... think I may have to remove boot door panel from inside if lock can be reached to untangle it? Any other ideas or instructions if possible how to do that? Thanks
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:30 pm

Oh dear. :(

My best thought is make sure it's unlocked by using the central locking then get two friends, one to hold the outside latch in the opening position, one pulls evenly on both outside handles while you twist and pull the internal handle while sitting down and pushing the door with both feet.

Good luck. [-o<
waverider1
Junior Bongonaut

Post by waverider1 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:57 pm

Amazing, thanks Bob, you’re a legend it felt like it was never going to budge but then with the combined force outside & inside at same time & twisting the handle to & fro it eventually popped open :D =D> Yey - Holiday saved! Thanks again!
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:31 pm

Bingo. =D> =D> =D>

Return to “Techie Stuff”