Sliding door auto close

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

KMH
Bongonaut

Sliding door auto close

Post by KMH » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:11 pm

I have recently fixed the soft close on my sliding door (thanks to the advice I found on the forum, and the helpful fact sheet!), and have been feeling quite proud of myself! However the reason it wasn’t working is that it was disconnected, and now I’m having a paranoid wonder if there might be a good reason for it being disconnected that I don’t know about?
I changed the fuse under the dash, which was blown.
I reconnected one of the plastic electrical connectors that had been removed from the little control box at the bottom of the motor.
I reinstated the vertical rod that runs (I think) between the handle mechanism and the motor - it had been removed and was thankfully just hanging within the door.
Is there any reason that you can think of that any of this might have been done, other than that the previous owners didn’t like having it and so did what they could to stop it working?
Thanks in hopeful anticipation for your help and/or reassurances to stop being paranoid and just enjoy the whirr-click!
Northern Bongolow
Supreme Being

Re: Sliding door auto close

Post by Northern Bongolow » Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:27 pm

If your trying to sneak out to the toilet at midnight on a very quiet campsite.- - - - -
KMH
Bongonaut

Re: Sliding door auto close

Post by KMH » Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:27 am

:lol: :lol:

Return to “Techie Stuff”