Refitting Undertray

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

jockodipunto
Bongonaut

Refitting Undertray

Post by jockodipunto » Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:43 pm

Hello all,

After recently trying to track down an oil leak (resulting work was camshaft oil seals replaced, rocker cover gasket replaced, timing belt change, camshaft change, full set of rockers replaced plus rocker gaps all done in an afternoon by Simon at Contract Mechanics - great guy, great job - really recommend him and I won't be going anywhere else), I removed the undertray for easier tracking down of said leak. After degreasing, scrubbing and deep cleaning, I am now left with the undertray in two halves. I am due to fit it tomorrow, do I need to join the two halves together first and refit as a whole piece or can I fit the individual pieces and if so which bit goes on first?

I realise I should have thought of this and remembered how I took it off in the first place but age and memory is getting the better of me these days :)

Any thoughts?

Cheers

Mark
Northern Bongolow
Supreme Being

Re: Refitting Undertray

Post by Northern Bongolow » Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:13 pm

Bolt em together is easiest it helps to locate it in place. Did you snap any bolts in the chassis rails or cross member when it was removed.
jockodipunto
Bongonaut

Re: Refitting Undertray

Post by jockodipunto » Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:32 pm

Nope - I managed to get the thing off without snapping anything.

However, I did check the lush projects diagrams and I have ordered up a handful of bolts as a few were missing.

One thing I did notice on the lush diagrams is that there should have been some spacers but there were definitely none present when I took it off. How crucial are these and do you know the ones I need for the diesel variant if they differ???

Cheers

Return to “Techie Stuff”