Front Heating Climate Control stuck on hot

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

Bodger Bob
Apprentice Bongonaut

Front Heating Climate Control stuck on hot

Post by Bodger Bob » Mon May 20, 2019 3:43 pm

I can see many posts about no heat from heater but I have too much heat, feels like stuck on full no matter what temp we set on climate control panel. Air Con belt is missing since bought but should still be able to get cool air from outside as a minimum? Looking to replace air con belt once rear heater is disconnected but want to sort heat as best we cna for now. Can't see the servo in passenger footwell moving ( 61A60 on Lushproject drawings) so does that mix outside air with heated air from matrix and could be stuck open from matrix feed?
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Re: Front Heating Climate Control stuck on hot

Post by g8dhe » Mon May 20, 2019 3:58 pm

Yes that servo controls the mixing of the cold air from the air con. with the heated air from the heating matrix.
Geoff
2001 Aero V6, AFT, full side conversion.
Image Spherical Visions
Bodger Bob
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by Bodger Bob » Mon May 20, 2019 5:23 pm

So if servo not moving, possibly the temperature sensor is not working? I cleaned the one next to the glovebox as full if fluff but no difference. Flaps move when you change mode as can stop heat coming out at feet but always very hot. Will try disconnecting rod from servo and see if I can move flap by hand. Anyone know if servos are easy to get hold of? Perfect vehicle for the wintertime at the moment!
Bodger Bob
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by Bodger Bob » Mon May 20, 2019 6:28 pm

Just disconnected rod from servo and heard flap move down, with colder air coming through. Servo arm feels solid like someone poured glue in there. Guessing it is attached to the wall of the central console with the two screws I can see but need small screwdriver and longer arms to get it out. So for now cool air or sauna but at least we know how to change between the two.
Bodger Bob
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by Bodger Bob » Mon May 20, 2019 6:53 pm

Anyone know how to test a heating actuator(servo)once I manage to get it out. Can't see any for sale in teh usual places either. I am guessing they don't fail that often :?:
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Post by g8dhe » Mon May 20, 2019 9:53 pm

Can't say I have heard of any failures,there simple pot and motor drives as below (needs Flash enabled);
Geoff
2001 Aero V6, AFT, full side conversion.
Image Spherical Visions
Bodger Bob
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by Bodger Bob » Mon May 20, 2019 10:30 pm

Thanks for the wiring diagram, I reckon it's because the air con is disabled and it must affect non aircon heating functionality. Turning off air con on climate control unit doesn't make any difference.

Return to “Techie Stuff”