Merlot man
Bongolier

New AC condenser

Post by Merlot man » Sun May 12, 2019 8:11 pm

Good evening all
I've just found this on mazdabongo.com

https://mazdabongo.com/product/air-cond ... er-models/
I have a 95 TD bus
My question is can anyone tell me if this condenser would fit my bus as its for a later bongo .
If it's not a direct fit I wonder if it only means replacing the feed pipes from the later bus onto mine as I like the idea of a fresh condenser .
Any and all help appreciated
Brian
Merlot man
Bongolier

Re: New AC condenser

Post by Merlot man » Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:18 am

Just bumping this up as I think it's potentially very interesting for anyone replacing the AC rad .
I know it's expensive but it's an original part . My same question remains : it states it IS the later model OR is it for the later model ? I don't know ! :shock:
All I know is that it looks very similar to the one fitted onto my 95 TD bongo .
Do you have anymore information on this or do we think it will fit the early buses .
At the minute I'm glad to say that my condenser is good .......BUT it 24 years old , how long more will it last ?
Thanks
Brian
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Post by g8dhe » Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:43 am

Isn't the pipework on later versions smaller, as the volume of refrigerant is reduced because of this, so I would guess that the connectors aren't the same size, but I don't have any specific experience in this.
Geoff
2001 Aero V6, AFT, full side conversion.
Image Spherical Visions
cwilliams255
Bongolier

Post by cwilliams255 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:28 pm

I have a 1997 bongo and my a/c pipes are #6 and #12 in size. After removing rear a/c from the loop the hard way (everything was completely seized) I have had to make custom a/c lines to allow me to get remaining pipes in and out without removing some of the engine cooling pipes and supports. What I will say is that it even if that condenser has different pipe sizes or fittings it should be possible to get it working with the right parts (usually in the US because they have a much bigger market for custom a/c pipework and repairs).

I’d only really look at doing this if you are really determined to get your a/c working as it might end up costing a bit
Merlot man
Bongolier

Post by Merlot man » Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:26 pm

Thanks for the replies gents
As it happens my current condenser is in good working order but like the coolant rad it would benefit from renewel .
Don't think I'm going go down the road of replacing the pipes or getting different joining pieces made up but thanks for the idea .
Thanks again
Brian

Return to “Techie Stuff”