need idler pulley for alternator drive belt

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

grmorley
Apprentice Bongonaut

need idler pulley for alternator drive belt

Post by grmorley » Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:45 pm

Can you tell me where I can buy this idler pulley wheel from, it's for a 2000 Bongo Friendee 2.0 petrol FE engine. I can find lots of Bongo idlers but they are all the wrong ones. It's carried in a triangular 3-bolt bracket above the alternator. Or in the alternative, can the old bearing be pressed out? There appears to be a snap ring but no space or hole to help remove it.
Any help appreciated.
Thanks,
Graham Morley
teenmal
Supreme Being

Re: need idler pulley for alternator drive belt

Post by teenmal » Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:53 am

These bearings are readily available from stockists, the parts number for both is NSK 6303 DUL1 , just measure your bearing to make extra sure. They cost about £5/6 you might require 2.

Take care.
jaycey001
Junior Bongonaut

Re: need idler pulley for alternator drive belt

Post by jaycey001 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:36 pm

grmorley wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:45 pm Can you tell me where I can buy this idler pulley wheel from, it's for a 2000 Bongo Friendee 2.0 petrol FE engine. I can find lots of Bongo idlers but they are all the wrong ones. It's carried in a triangular 3-bolt bracket above the alternator. Or in the alternative, can the old bearing be pressed out? There appears to be a snap ring but no space or hole to help remove it.
Any help appreciated.
Thanks,
Graham Morley
Can I ask why you need one? were you having problems with your alternator and found this to be the cause? Only ask I am trying to figure out the cause of my overheating alternators!

Return to “Techie Stuff”