AVA/mazdabongo.com Fiamma brackets

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

jimmo62
Bongolier

AVA/mazdabongo.com Fiamma brackets

Post by jimmo62 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:42 pm

Hi all

has anyone fitted these - I can't quite work out the instructions. On the one hand it says no damage to the Bongo but it also talks about drilling holes and fitting self tapping screws which look like they screw into the roof?

Ta

Jim
TheLongRoad
Bongolier

Re: AVA/mazdabongo.com Fiamma brackets

Post by TheLongRoad » Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:46 pm

Depending on if your Bongo has an AFT or it’s a tin top. I think the ones you refer to only fit the AFT without drilling. If you have a tin top and depending on whether you are fitting an F35 or F45 you can use the gutter adapter from Fiama. The F35 is this one https://www.outdoorbits.com/fiamma-kit- ... -3383.html
2002 Friendee 2.0 ltr Petrol.
jimmo62
Bongolier

Post by jimmo62 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:03 pm

It's an AFT...

On their website it says "NO damage to the gutter or vehicle at all: but also says later on "The brackets have two further holes at the bottom just above the gutter. Drill two pilot holes (3.5mm) and tighten down the stainless steel self tapping screws provided"

So not sure where these pilot holes are drilled into - looking at the brackets I would guess the roof just above the gutter (will try for size tomorrow and see) - don't really want to drill holes in the roof....

I've just taken off the T3 brackets which were used to fit the F45 when I bought the van as they are wearing through the paint at the front and have cracked the paint around the gutter at the rear. So not happy with that solution either!

thanks

Jim
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Post by g8dhe » Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:50 am

The old T3 brackets for the F45 should have a strip of plastic that protects the gutter and side panel it wraps around the gutter and the hangs down behind the bracket you can just see the end of it in the picture below;
Geoff
2001 Aero V6, AFT, full side conversion.
Image Spherical Visions

Return to “Techie Stuff”