V6 Exhaust header downpipes.

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

windywatson
Tribal Elder

V6 Exhaust header downpipes.

Post by windywatson » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:42 pm

Help needed.
My V6 exhaust down pipes from the exhaust manifolds down to the front of the cat had started to fail. In order to get through the MOT I purchased a second hand set of pipes. However these are of course many years old. They have only been fitted for about a month & are now blowing and in need of replacement again. They serverd the purpose of getting the van through its MOT & only cost £50 including the Lambda Sensor which was in need of replacement.
I am now in the same position as I was when trying to find some initially. I can only find second hand which are of course getting old. The rest of my exhaust is a Powerflow stainless one which I had fitted. Unfortunately it was beyond Powerflow to fabricate the whole of the system when I had it done. I can't be the only V6 owner to have faced this situation, as many are of that age that will be like mine & need them doing.
So, any one out there found a supplier of this set of pipes. MAZDA part number J50540500. Or have had a Stainless Steel exhaust supplier make up a replacement. Tracked one down that looked good from Japan, still second-hand but £600 including delivery which is just to much.
Cheers
Windy-Watson
2001 V6 Tin Top
Ian
Supreme Being

Re: V6 Exhaust header downpipes.

Post by Ian » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:55 pm

Richard, someone else made an enquiry for the same part a couple of weeks ago via the Bongo Fury office. We found a brand new one (from a parts broker in Singapore) for £325 plus airfreight (about £45) plus VAT. So around £445 in total. Genuine Mazda part. 2 gaskets (KL1940450) are also required (price unknown).
668. The Neighbour of The Beast.

Return to “Techie Stuff”