Upgrade/ Replacement fob/key

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

smith335
Junior Bongonaut

Re: Upgrade/ Replacement fob/key

Post by smith335 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:55 pm

nice one...

i got my blade cut at my local independent cobblers.
2004, 2.0L Aero City Runner
Fredanz
Bongonaut

Post by Fredanz » Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:11 am

ognob wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:03 pm Followed the instructions in the video using the key mentioned above and it worked!

I now need to get the blade cut
Hmm. What model/year is your Bongo?

My 1998 Freda doesn't do anything after stage where the door's courtesy light switch is pressed three times - no locking/unlocking to signal that it is ready for the fob's unlock button to be pressed. I tried pressing that button twice anyway, but no good. I've been through this a few times now, per the notes above and the video, but no luck.

Clearly if the vehicle isn't ready to listen, it doesn't matter what fob I've got.

Perhaps the voltage drop isn't enough because I currently have LED courtesy lights rather than incandescents??
Fredanz
Bongonaut

Post by Fredanz » Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:04 am

I wrote:
Perhaps the voltage drop isn't enough because I currently have LED courtesy lights rather than incandescents??
Well, I had one old incandescent hanging around - but it didn't change anything when I swapped it back in and tried again, many times. Maybe I need to swap both in, or provide some matching voltage drop to get it to work.

Baffled - I'm following the instructions religiously and doing it all within the required 24 seconds, etc.

Return to “Techie Stuff”