heater not working

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

marleyandme
Apprentice Bongonaut

heater not working

Post by marleyandme » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:17 pm

I have a 97 bongo with a digital temperature display but the heater wont turn off I have checked the feed to the little motor thing that works the flap that controls the temperature and that has a pulsing live with the display at anything above 18 degress and no live when the display is at 18 so is it the little motor thing at fault or the control unit where the digital display is?
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Re: heater not working

Post by g8dhe » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:55 pm

Is the link moving at all and turning the flap ? It doesn't sound like it from what you say ...
Try removing the link, will the flap spindle turn by hand ? Does the servo now move the link ?
It sounds like either the flap is jammed internally or the servo is unable to rotate for some reason.
Geoff
2001 Aero V6, AFT, full side conversion.
Image Spherical Visions
marleyandme
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by marleyandme » Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:39 am

Hi Geoff I had already disconnected the servo at the start of the summer and the flap moves freely I have now taken the servo off and it is really hard to move by hand but I wasn't sure if it needed power to move it ?
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Post by g8dhe » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:03 am

The servo itself shouldn't move at all when there is no power connected to it, there normally worm drives and so lock in the position they are driven to then the signal stops and the servo locks in that position to hold what ever its driving in position.
Geoff
2001 Aero V6, AFT, full side conversion.
Image Spherical Visions

Return to “Techie Stuff”