Battery monitor

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

Roy748
Bongolier

Battery monitor

Post by Roy748 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:04 pm

Hello all
Just thought I would mention to those interested, about this handy little device I have just ordered.
Like others no doubt I am often faced with the dilemma when running my 12v waeco coolbox and interior lights, of potentially running the leisure battery low without any potential notice. I also charge the battery using a portable solar panel, but other than using an amp meter was unable to see what voltage the battery was receiving.
This little device seems to meet all my needs..
https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/ARCHEER-5V-2-4 ... 2526576722
With the cool box plugged into the rear cigarette lighter and this in the front one I can monitor the health of the battery as it also comes with a low battery warning alarm.
For the price it's definitely worth trying.
Markas
Bongolier

Re: Battery monitor

Post by Markas » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:40 am

Good tip! I particularly like the fact the it also has USB charging points so it's not hogging a socket.
Mark
1999 Bongo 2.0L, Northstar Outback rear conversion
Roy748
Bongolier

Post by Roy748 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:50 am

Hello Markas
I run a cool box and was interested to see the drain on the battery, this will tell me that with the bonus of an alarm should it drop to around 11.7 volts. I looked at installing a monitor but this system means it can be removed easily therefore not in itself draining the battery. Added bonus is that you can also check the alternator is charging too.
ade33
Bongolier

Post by ade33 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:09 pm

I bought a couple of these for just the same reason, great little bits of kit.

Return to “Techie Stuff”