ABS Problem

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

Ian
Supreme Being

ABS Problem

Post by Ian » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:03 am

One of our members (not computer literate) has a problem with the ABS light coming on. I told him he needs to establish the diagnostic code, and sent him the fact sheet. But now he's got confused by this section:

It is possible to test the sensors without using the diagnostic box. Mike from Walsall has told us: “I never had any luck trying to use the diagnostic plug so I checked the four wheel sensors with a multi meter.

The leads from the sensors can be unplugged to test and the reading should be around 1600 / 1640 Ohms .

Is there anyone out there that would be able to help, perhaps by phoning him up (I have his mobile)?

Mike, are you still out there?
668. The Neighbour of The Beast.
sotal
Supreme Being

Re: ABS Problem

Post by sotal » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:36 pm

The sensors can indeed be tested with a multimeter. You just set it to ohms, and put the probes into the connector plug that goes to the wheel sensor. The front two connector plugs are accessed by lifting the bonnet. The wires come up through the wings and you can easily find them although space can be limited or leisure battery had to be removed to access the near side plug.

However this would only highlight an issue with the wheel sensors, it could be another part of the abs system.

It is much easier to follow the guides on here and to bridge the connections in the diagnostic connector. The light will then flash on the dash to tell you the code.

Return to “Techie Stuff”