Need a new a/c condenser for 1996 Bongo Friendee

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

JemimaRose
Apprentice Bongonaut

Need a new a/c condenser for 1996 Bongo Friendee

Post by JemimaRose » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:35 pm

Does anyone know where my mechanic can get a new condenser for 1996 Bongo Friendee - old one has holes in it.
Any info gratefully received
Thanks
Bob
Supreme Being

Re: Need a new a/c condenser for 1996 Bongo Friendee

Post by Bob » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:10 pm

Bongo Spares are good for pre loved parts, not sure about new.

Good luck. :)
Propnut
Bongonaut

Post by Propnut » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:33 pm

I bought a new one from AVA leisure a couple of years ago, far from cheap mind. I did a good amount of searching about on the net beforehand looking for an alternative or pattern part but drew a blank. I also looked at used ones but being in front of the radiator they catch all the road muck / salt and rot horribly so good used ones will not be abundant or cheap. Good luck, my a/c has cost a packet to put right, as soon as I replace one part I find a problem elsewhere. I bought the condenser because I'd already got in too deep to turn back.
Merlot man
Bongolier

Post by Merlot man » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:53 pm

Hello
Bongo spares is as good option to be fair as from what I understand a new one is very hard to come by and lots of money !
I've had exactly the same problem when trying to get a condenser for my mx5 (Mazda again !)
I ended up getting a company outside bermingham to make me a condenser based on my old item , all they needed was for you to send them your old one to copy and maybe take the connectors off They are
BHM compack radiators , a Google search will find them . They are old school ie none of that new fangled website or anything !
You simply phone them
https://www.google.ie/search?source=hp& ... 5wK7lbmwDg

As I remember it was a ten day turn around and while it didn't look like the original it fitted perfectly . The price as I remember was around £270 with a new drier attached , not buttons but your best "new" option
As I understand bongo spares do the used ones for around £55 which is a big difference and from my experience they are very honest with their items .
More and more people will be looking for this item on the aging buses , I know I'd be interested , so please keep us abreast of any developments .
If they are available in Japan or where ever I wonder if Ian could look into this for the bongo fury shop ?
Either way good luck with it and please ...... KEEP YOUR COOL :? ( sorry bad joke but couldn't resist )
Brian
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Post by g8dhe » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:57 pm

Have you read this thread ? viewtopic.php?p=702162#p702162
Geoff
2001 Aero V6, AFT, full side conversion.
Image Spherical Visions
Martdhawks
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by Martdhawks » Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:48 pm

Hi, did you get a condenser for your bongo?

Return to “Techie Stuff”