3 point seatbelt for middle bench

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

knpenny
Bongolier

3 point seatbelt for middle bench

Post by knpenny » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:57 pm

Hi, does anyone have a 3 point seatbelt fitted to their middle bench and if so, what kind of seat belt? i.e is it a mazda one or other mark of vehicle.
Looking to find out as i need to fit one to try and register the bongo in france. [-o<
If anyone has any info, it would be greatly appreciated and you would be doing the world of bongos a great service :wink:
Bongology, the study of all things bong. The bongologist. :shock:
nth
Bongolier

Re: 3 point seatbelt for middle bench

Post by nth » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:29 am

Sorry don't know about the seatbelt but im sure I've read on here that there is some difficulty registering a Bongo in France as the side sliding door would open on the 'wrong' side ??
95 2.5d 4WD AFT
knpenny
Bongolier

Re: 3 point seatbelt for middle bench

Post by knpenny » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:07 pm

dont worry bout the slide door as you can take a t-porter from britain with the same side slide door and because it has a european certificate of conformity, no member state is allowed to refuse registration of a vehicle that has already been registered in another member state, as long as the vehicle has a certificate of conformity (eu).
I've got the regs in full, in english and in french. Unfortunately the bongo cant have a eu CoC because it was imported from japan and the vin also doesnt conform th eu standards.
Just need to sort the lights and find a way of sorting the seatbelt issue, but they do need to be E marked, again to conform to eu standards.
I'll get there, its just taking alot of time. :roll:
Bongology, the study of all things bong. The bongologist. :shock:

Return to “Techie Stuff”