Crank Seal and slow garage

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

Megruth
Apprentice Bongonaut

Crank Seal and slow garage

Post by Megruth » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:15 am

My bongo has been in the garage 3 weeks now, despite me having a meltdown with the garage on Monday and him promising me things are being done. It was diagnosed with crank seal needs doing, then they decided it would need all new timing belts and other bits as oil went everywhere. I have been told it is a big job but as far as I can tell - they don't seem to have done anything other than strip the engine down. I am ok with having the work done, not said no to parts etc.

They flatly refused to use bongo spares or any other suggestions from me and only wanted to use their supplier and account. This meant they ordered the wrong parts and had to send them back. I am getting lots of excuses of 'hard to find parts' which I told them I do not accept. Then its the serial numbers don't match what parts they want as they are Japanese which I also think is hogwash, as there is a major Mazda parts dealership in the UK.

It sat for a fortnight with nothing being done to it, the garage owner got annoyed with me and said he was busy, it was a bit job stripping an engine and they didn't have time. Now its the parts. Wonder what I can do to speed things up? I don't mind paying for the work, as long as it gets done! I feel as a female, I am just being fobbed off and when I get annoyed - I feel they are sniggering at the silly woman.

I am in Burton on Trent, would appreciate some advice or someone to talk to the garage owner so they don't give me lots of pointless excuses. Also, any bongo friendly garages in Burton on Trent?? So I know for next time.
teenmal
Supreme Being

Re: Crank Seal and slow garage

Post by teenmal » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:06 am

Is your vehicle fitted with a V6 petrol engine??

Take Care
Northern Bongolow
Supreme Being

Re: Crank Seal and slow garage

Post by Northern Bongolow » Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:50 am

theres a good one in the stoke on trent area.

Return to “Techie Stuff”