Bongo v6 rattle and clatter

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

Billybongo123
Bongolier

Re: Bongo v6 rattle and clatter

Post by Billybongo123 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:55 pm

Citizens advice and trading standards are involved. They say that basically we are covered regardless of what we signed because we are not registered traders, we have no vat or company number, and because the seller didn't ask for any proof of us being traders etc.

So they say we are covered by consumer rights act. We still don't feel safe though, all up in the air until it's sorted.we both feel on edge and anxious. It's horrible. Once we have the situation sorted it I'll feel better and confident lol.
We love our rusty Bongo "Billy", despite his many faults!
Flanners
Bongolier

Post by Flanners » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:19 am

Good news, push it all the way and get what you deserve and are entitled to. Whilst I have no evidence from the circumstances you describe this trader tried to pull a fast one using unenforceable caveats, exactly what the new law is designed to protect the consumer against. Hopefully he may think twice about shafting the next unsuspecting punter too.
2002 2.0 Aero with Outback Conversion and Roof Top Tent
Billybongo123
Bongolier

Post by Billybongo123 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:41 am

Flanners wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:19 am Good news, push it all the way and get what you deserve and are entitled to. Whilst I have no evidence from the circumstances you describe this trader tried to pull a fast one using unenforceable caveats, exactly what the new law is designed to protect the consumer against. Hopefully he may think twice about shafting the next unsuspecting punter too.
Yea, there's 2 sides to every story and all that. We wanted a decent deal, so knocked him down a little. He said cam only do cheaper if he does as a trade sale and didn't do fresh mot etc. (7months left) That's it basically. I can handle little niggles on a 20yr old vehicle and I told him that. If that's a crime, then we are guilty. 😂 Everyone likes to haggle a bit.

He sold me a vehicle that suffered engine failure in 75 steady miles home. That is just never right. It had a hidden fault, possibly bodged by last owner then part ex'd. He needs to sort out either way as it's part of the game if you sell cars. How can that be our fault, as paying customers? 😯
We love our rusty Bongo "Billy", despite his many faults!

Return to “Techie Stuff”