Coolant hoses

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

yorkshirelass
Tribal Elder

Coolant hoses

Post by yorkshirelass » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:22 pm

I was told ny bongo spares that my van ..last year..was quite good, but the coolant hoses on the sides would need replacing soon, I’ve forgotten this and no mention after service in November / mot time by the new garage I’ve started using.So, having spent many thousands on my van to date....like most of us, I’m looking to now have these done, but what will the cost probably be ? There is a chap lives close by who has worked a lot on bongos, and has said he would help if I ever get stuck etc could he do the pipes at home/ does he need a ramp etc. Don’t want to ask him really as iv3 only met him once. I feel I’m being a bit silly here, but unsure if the garag3 I’ve used for service this time could do this....and at what cost...as it’s an expensive garage !?? Hope all this makes sense. Looking forward to the Dent meet and seeing some old ( ? ) faces again ! 🤔😎😎
Bob
Supreme Being

Re: Coolant hoses

Post by Bob » Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:25 pm

If this is the long metal pipes Allan (Plymouth) tells me they are a 'Bit of a pig'. :(

And (I know you know this) there's the vital bleed. :mrgreen:
Northern Bongolow
Supreme Being

Post by Northern Bongolow » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:03 pm

have a read of this pam, theres a link to prices where muz got his pipes or theres ian at fury he can get them.

https://www.igmaynard.co.uk/bongo/forum ... =3&t=58378
yorkshirelass
Tribal Elder

Post by yorkshirelass » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:57 pm

Thanks Bo/, Ady and plontatronik for your informed replies ! I knew I could rely on you all. It’s sounding more complex than I had thought....so I won’t be asking the chap nearby to do this for me !ive now phoned bongo spares and the6 are to ring me b@ck when theyv3 found m6 file and exactly what I was told on my visit there. Seems tha5 there are differing pipes to choose fr9m: after market, s/ hand and Mazda originals. I will know more when they ring me back. Problem with bongo spares is not just the distance, but what to dofor the hours they hav3 the van ? Sewerby bridge does not take much time to look around 8) anyway, one day at a time lads.
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:01 pm

There's a stroll along the canal (well, the towpath, at least) or train to somewhere with more to see? 8)
Ian
Supreme Being

Post by Ian » Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:01 am

yorkshirelass wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:57 pmive now phoned bongo spares and the6 are to ring me b@ck when theyv3 found m6 file and exactly what I was told on my visit there. Seems tha5 there are differing pipes to choose fr9m:
Perhap$ you cud go 0n a keybor4 traing course at the colege in Halifax? :lol: :lol:
668. The Neighbour of The Beast.
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:07 am

I'm glad I didn't say that. :lol:
Northern Bongolow
Supreme Being

Post by Northern Bongolow » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:54 am

Bob wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:07 am I'm glad I didn't say that. :lol:
me too, you should hear the story of pam and the insurance assessor, she didnt let him go home for weeks.

pam, 2 peeps i know bought all the rubber hoses, gen mazda, that came to over £300. then theres the metal ones, plus fitting, and water pump, maybe rad and stat and temp sender and fan switch.
better invest that pension in korean rocket development stocks. :roll: :wink:
yorkshirelass
Tribal Elder

Post by yorkshirelass » Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:53 am

Ian wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:01 am
yorkshirelass wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:57 pmive now phoned bongo spares and the6 are to ring me b@ck when theyv3 found m6 file and exactly what I was told on my visit there. Seems tha5 there are differing pipes to choose fr9m:
Perhap$ you cud go 0n a keybor4 traing course at the colege in Halifax? :lol: :lol:
You are a cheeky sod Ian ! My lovely new iPad has had an up grade where the numbers are in the same box as the letters.....nightmare!! You need to mind your manners when addressing us genteel old folk, who are at the mercy of younger whippersnappers....... like you lot !!! I expect to see you on your knees....apologising, when we meet up in Dent. Maybe I also need to arrange some classes there where I teach you all about good manners, and how to show due respect to your elders and betters ????? :idea: :idea: :idea: :-({|= :-({|= :-({|= :-({|=
yorkshirelass
Tribal Elder

Post by yorkshirelass » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:00 am

Northern Bongolow wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:54 am
me too, you should hear the story of pam and the insurance assessor, she didnt let him go home for weeks.

pam, 2 peeps i know bought all the rubber hoses, gen mazda, that came to over £300. then theres the metal ones, plus fitting, and water pump, maybe rad and stat and temp sender and fan switch.
better invest that pension in korean rocket development stocks. :roll: :wink:
YOU...would be top of my list for cheeky sods who need to be reprimanded, and face enforced schooling ! I'll have you know that the insurance chap couldn't stop smiling.... when he left . :lol: :lol:
yorkshirelass
Tribal Elder

Post by yorkshirelass » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:06 am

You clearly have some respect for the much maligned older generation Bob. Well done for managing your restraint....you could be excused any attendance at the Dent dunderhead classes. =D> =D> :D
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:19 am

yorkshirelass wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:06 am
You clearly have some respect for the much maligned older generation Bob. Well done for managing your restraint....you could be excused any attendance at the Dent dunderhead classes. =D> =D> :D
Be careful what you wish for Pam. Once he's topped the tanks with zider and starts singing those dodgy ditties, even your healthy Yorkshire complexion could start to blanche. :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Apologies Ben, I felt it only fair to warn her :lol:

Ian & Ady- Naughty Corner! NOW! :lol:
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:22 am

For a good spanking from what I read above. :shock: :lol:
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being

Post by mikeonb4c » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:23 am

Incidentally Pam, on a serious note, did you read the post from the lady who is thinking of doing around Britain trip in memory of her son. She is seeking thoughts and advice and I found myself thinking she could do well to have a dialogue with you (except I'd not seen you on here in a while.....but you are now :-) )
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being

Post by mikeonb4c » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:25 am

Bob wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:22 am For a good spanking from what I read above. :shock: :lol:
Thing is Ben, that might be what they're angling for, knowing those two :shock: :lol:

Return to “Techie Stuff”