led tail light blubs

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

Merlot man
Bongolier

led tail light blubs

Post by Merlot man » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:53 pm

Hello all
I'm thinking of replacing my standard tail light bulbs with brighter led items and was wondering what peoples experiences of this is ?
Also , can you tell me the types I need and a decent brand and on-line supplier please ,I have a '95 2.5 TD .
As always thank you all in advance
Brian
humming
Bongonaut

Re: led tail light blubs

Post by humming » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:16 pm

I have a 2002 Bongo and have replaced all my exterior bulbs (except front fog lights & factory fitted HIDs) without any problems. It is just a simple matter of taking the old incandescant bulb and replacing it with the LED bulb. However, if you change out the indicators you will have to add a resistor to get the indicators to flash correctly.

Having said that there are some people who have had problems with the ABS light after changing the brake light bulbs (I think it was on earlier Bongos).

There are a few threads on bulbs on here, just search for "bulb and spec" and "led and bulb"

I always get my bulbs from Autobulbsdirect, they are expensive, but they do not give any problems like some of the cheaper ebay items. I always go for the Cree LEDs for better quality and light output.
Merlot man
Bongolier

Post by Merlot man » Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:42 pm

Thanks for the reply and sorry for not getting back sooner , I’ll get on to ABD when I’m doing the job
Thanks
Brian
Tessie
Bongolier

Post by Tessie » Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:57 pm

You could also have a look at https://www.classiccarleds.co.uk/

I have used them to get white and red in the same bulb so reverse light and rear fog light can be in the same lamp (instead of having a dangly fog light). They do full range of bulbs and are very quick with delivery.
Never run out of road, traction and ideas at the same time.

Return to “Techie Stuff”