Help with Auto Closing Mirror Update

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

humming
Bongonaut

Help with Auto Closing Mirror Update

Post by humming » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:59 pm

I have 2002 2ltr Bongo and I have been trying to install a magic black box (from ebay) to enable the Auto Closing Mirrors, but I have hit a problem trying to find the wires used for central locking.

I have looked at the the previous comments of this installation but when it comes to this bit ....

"The final bit is to connect up to the central locking. You should have 2 wires left on the module to connect, a green one and a blue one.
Now our Bongo has a green and a blue wire exiting the hole in the drivers foot well that feeds the cable that goes into the drivers door. You get to this by removing the right hand cover on the floor by your right foot. To me, these didn't look quite standard so you may or may not have these. However, if you have remote central locking, there should be a couple of wires that go into the door that operate the central locking plunger. Otherwise, the central locking module is behind the glove box (so I'm told)"

I have taken the trim off the in the drivers footwell but there is a mass of wires using 3 white connectors, a blue and a green connector. I can't see where the wires go into the door due to this mass of wires, and I can't see the green and blue wires mentioned above coming from the door.

Can anyone give me any more infromation on how to find the central locking wires that I need., either in the drivers footwell, or coming out of the central locking controller.

Return to “Techie Stuff”