Interior Heating problem

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

Roy748
Bongolier

Interior Heating problem

Post by Roy748 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:43 pm

Hi all.
Recently I read a post of other Bongo owners experiencing the same issues I have, in that my interior heating controls appear to only work on either 18 degrees or 32, with no notable change in temperature in between.
Having also read about the internal temperature sensors blocking up I thought I would investigate.
To access the sensor you need to remove the glove box, which is simply a case of squeezing in the sides once open to allow it to pass out of its housing in the dash.
The sensor is held in place (behind the small slatted square to the left of the gear selector and glove box in the dash) by one Philips screw, remove this and disconnect the wire plug and it will come free fom the vehicle. Mine was truly dirty with I suspect 16 years of dust etc. Using a soft paint brush it was easily cleaned and replaced in the van.
Turning on my heating and hey presto I now have varying temperatures based on the settings.. I did notice that with the heating set to screen only, the temperature variance was less noticeable. When set on face and feet and internal recycling of air, it worked in accordance with the setting. I also tested the rear heating and this appeared to work as it should too.
Hopefully other owners experiencing my symptoms will also see a change if they too clean their blocked sensor.
ade33
Bongolier

Re: Interior Heating problem

Post by ade33 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:49 am

Roy,

That's a great fix, I think I've noticed our bus doing this too, I just thought they all did it.

I'll have a look at ours when I've got the glovebox out to change the radio.
Roy748
Bongolier

Re: Interior Heating problem

Post by Roy748 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:52 pm

Your welcome. Hopefully yours too will be an easy fix.

Return to “Techie Stuff”