TM-2 temp alarm gone doo-lally

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

BongoBongo123
Supreme Being

Re: TM-2 temp alarm gone doo-lally

Post by BongoBongo123 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:29 pm

I have the alarm back today and it has been shipped with a full set of accessories/parts which is very handy. Still in conversation at the mo with Jo who has been really helpful and attentative on this matter. Let's face it...anything can break/wear etc. and people who sold you the item are rarely as understanding when something goes wrong.

These days "Just enough is good enough" is what you tend to get with products and services.. if you are lucky. The service has been exemplary.

I cannot drill a hole though as the hole would need to be 17mm diameter. I just do not want a 17 mm hole in my centre console round the already noisy enough diesel lump.

There is warning to not over tighten cable ties. This could have happened although fairly sure I would have read through everything. The engine had been worked on since I put the alarm on and the cable almost certainly would need to have been removed and put back on during those works so I am not privvy to what may have happened there. I did have to use a set of sharp nosed pliers as there was no play betwen the cable the injector pipes it was attached to. That is an additional unknown. The nylon cable ties could of unknowingly been nipped up too hard.
BongoBongo123
Supreme Being

Post by BongoBongo123 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:01 pm

All sorted now, not too much fuss. This time I had a bit of carpet underlay foam that I put there for good measure along with the gaffer tape. With the double sleeved lead it should be fine. Chair sealed over fine. Top service from Haydn Alarms, they could have said buy a new one ! The accessory pack was very useful indeed. If this lasts another 3 years I will buy another one straight away. I suspect this will now last even longer. I also made sure not to screw the bolt too hard into the head tight-ish 1/4 turn extra from hand tight. (the old bolt and sensor seemed fine and was not excessively tight), And all cable ties secure onto the injector pipes but with 3-4mm play, so they are not going anywhere but have room.
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:16 pm

Well done to you, Haydn and Jo. =D>
haydn callow
Supreme Being

Post by haydn callow » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:55 am

We do our best,,,
Please do not make the mistake of comparing our alarms with others which may look similar and claim to do the same job...
Our alarms just don’t fail, there is always a reason such as in this case. We have never had a unit returned which we could not fix in 5 mins. If one ever did fail it would be a totally dead unit. There is always a external reason. Wires, voltage, alternator, duff coolant etc.
Our units only use the best components available and this pushes the cost up.....you get what you pay for......and we live or die by our service. To fix a unit for free after 3years is pretty good,
http://www.coolantalarm.co.uk
Developer of the Mazda Bongo Coolant loss Alarm
Also BMW Clocks

Return to “Techie Stuff”