Central Locking - A Different Problem

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

Atticus
Apprentice Bongonaut

Central Locking - A Different Problem

Post by Atticus » Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:29 pm

Hi all

We've got an '02 Bongo with (what I think is) factory-fitted remote central locking, which has started playing up.

The remote fob no longer locks or unlock the drivers door, although it does lock/unlock all the other doors.

The drivers door can still be locked using the key in the drivers door locked.

When either fob or key is used, there's a 'fast-ratcheting' noise coming from the area of the drivers door lock gubbins, like a GRRRRRRRRRR noise. Only the drivers door lock makes this noise, all the other just clunk as normal.

I've checked the driver's door loom but it *looks* okay, and this doesn't seem to be the usual 'farayed wire' issue, as all the other doors still lock centrally.

Anyone got any ideas before I start stripping the door card off and snapping or losing plastic clips?

Thanks

Martin
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Re: Central Locking - A Different Problem

Post by g8dhe » Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:51 pm

Sounds like someone has added a drivers door motor to enable remote fob working, but the motor has failed on the drivers door.
Geoff
2001 Aero V6, AFT, full side conversion.
Image Spherical Visions
Atticus
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by Atticus » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:36 pm

Thanks for the insight. Looks like I'm going to have to delve in there and see what's going on....
MaxRay
Junior Bongonaut

Post by MaxRay » Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:59 pm

Sorry to bring this topic back from the dead but I have this exact issue with our bongo right now. Did you ever get this sorted? What was the problem?

Return to “Techie Stuff”