Interior electrics...

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

katem1303
Apprentice Bongonaut

Interior electrics...

Post by katem1303 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:24 pm

Tale of woe... went abroad 7 weeks ago just me and the dogs to drive through France Spain Portugal and back. the fuse went for the dashboard charger and mirrors, I know they are on the same fuse. Lovely Spanish garage fixed me a new one for 2 Euros. Plugged in my single to double push in charger and it went again. Just had it fixed for free... will NOT pug double charger in. threw it away .

However, when i hooked up on site to electrics and plugged another double USB in to the back circuit ( a new one)...its blown all the power- no 3 pin socket, no plug in socket, no undercupboard lights.. looks like im running just on leisure battery. My q is- I know the main fusebox is on right behind sink on wellhouse conversion... Is it like a house circuit where theres a master switch? I wouldn't be able to isolate a dodgy fuse there and auto electrician speaks no English and wont touch it -'no time' . Is it worth me unpacking everything and looking for a switch to throw or shall I make do til back and get it looked at. ? Advice please? TIA
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Re: Interior electrics...

Post by g8dhe » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:41 pm

There should be both a Miniature Circuit Breaker (MCB) and a Residual Current Detector (RCD) normally in a small consumer unit (typically a white box with a clear front) it sounds like you have tripped one or the other, possibly the EHU may have been reversed wired on the post. Some units have the protection devices built in like the PMS3 units.
Geoff
2001 Aero V6, AFT, full side conversion.
Image Spherical Visions
katem1303
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by katem1303 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:02 pm

Ive emptied storage and flipped everything flippable to no avail. I'll just have to make sure I empty the fridge and defrost clean, or drive it lots !!!
Gasy
Supreme Being

Post by Gasy » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:31 pm

Your internal fuse board / trip switch inside should be close to where you plug in outside
Have you check the site electrics hasn't tripped ( where you plugged in the other end of your cable to )
Gas safe heating engineer / plumber if you need any advice just shout.
Markas
Bongolier

Post by Markas » Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:05 pm

I'm sure you're aware but it's worth mentioning that the polarity on many continental EHU posts is the opposite of ours in the UK - our live links to continental neutral and vice-versa. Converters and polarity testers are available in the UK, sadly not much help to you right now. It does sound as if you've tripped the circuit breakers.
Mark
1999 Bongo 2.0L, Northstar Outback rear conversion

Return to “Techie Stuff”