Drivers door won't unlock

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

Gasy
Supreme Being

Re: Drivers door won't unlock

Post by Gasy » Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:11 pm

The little post/ stub or hook on the door frame can move and cause the lock to jam
If your windows are now not working sounds like problems in the door wiring loom ( look next to door hinges for u shaped cables they break or snap in the u shape ) give it a wiggle / squeeze and see if Windows start .
Gas safe heating engineer / plumber if you need any advice just shout.
cmm303
Supreme Being

Post by cmm303 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:41 pm

In addition Gasy's suggestions, could you have disturbed the wiring to the window switch whilst inside the door?
Chris with BertieB
'96 White unconverted AFT 2.5L Diesel 4WD
Lucybod
Junior Bongonaut

Post by Lucybod » Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:55 pm

will have a go tomorrow as tempers are not in the best of health! He has put plastic on the window s for the night. You can hear the motor trying to work. The door card was off could the windows have gone too low so they can't go back up ?
Last edited by Lucybod on Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lucybod
Junior Bongonaut

Post by Lucybod » Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:55 pm

have checked fuse it's ok .
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Post by g8dhe » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:53 pm

No the windows don't behave like that, most common problem is the Lock switch at the end of the drivers door switch or the wiring loom for the drivers door itself.
Geoff
2001 Aero V6, AFT, full side conversion.
Image Spherical Visions
Lucybod
Junior Bongonaut

Post by Lucybod » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:52 pm

Will try tomorrow thank you for your suggestions.
Northern Bongolow
Supreme Being

Post by Northern Bongolow » Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:57 am

the door loom has a plug just inside the door itself, and just inside the bongo just next to your right foot behind the plastic panel, its tough to remove but dooable.
Lucybod
Junior Bongonaut

Post by Lucybod » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:48 am

After taking the drivers side switch off to look do you put the little ball baring and spring inside the white bit first then when that's together put the switch on. But the little white thing will go down when you finally put the switch on. We are getting deeper in trouble.
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Post by g8dhe » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:13 am

Geoff
2001 Aero V6, AFT, full side conversion.
Image Spherical Visions
Lucybod
Junior Bongonaut

Post by Lucybod » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:30 pm

Got the switch back but I noticed that the window motor was hot. The other side is normal. Is there any easy way of checking it it won't be easy to get out! Waited for it to cool then tried again, giving it a little tap. I could hear a high pitch wine even though I stopped pressing the switch it still went on for about 15secs could it be the motor!
Lucybod
Junior Bongonaut

Post by Lucybod » Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:27 pm

After much nashing of teeth I decided to trawl the internet for you tube videos on window problems. With the advice we connected a battery to the two wires that connect to the window motor, it didn't work so after another YouTube video said it was ok to change the live and neutral wires over, the window worked. So it makes sense now that to make the window go up and down you change to polarity. When we put everything back the windows work. What was wrong with them don't think we will find out. Perhaps there wasn't enough current going to it and the full 12volts jolted it into working. That still doesn't solve the door lock but we are getting there. Thanks for all your support was much needed. :D
cmm303
Supreme Being

Post by cmm303 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:27 am

Sounds like you've got some well honed problem solving skills =D>
If the window moves slower than when connected directly to a battery (assuming similar voltages) there may be a problem in the loom as mentioned in earlier posts. Minor compared with your lock problem.

How much of the black sticky gunge have you got on you? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Chris with BertieB
'96 White unconverted AFT 2.5L Diesel 4WD
Roy748
Bongolier

Post by Roy748 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:49 pm

Hello. I had a similar problem in my Citroën picasso which was solved by a good spray of wd40 directly into the key lock via the key slot.
I have recently been sorting out my electric mirrors on my bongo which did not work, this ended up being a short in the blue live wire from the switch to the x03 connector, based on my findings it would be worth un plugging the connectors for the central locking and seeing if you can access the vehicle via the key. As others have mentioned the wires can break between the door and door shut, I checked mine but the actual short was further in the loom. I simply replaced the damaged wireonce found.

Good luck in finding the problem stick with it, you will eventually sort it.

Return to “Techie Stuff”