engine block hose fittings

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

Darkstar
Bongolier

engine block hose fittings

Post by Darkstar » Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:45 pm

Hello guys

Can anyone tell me what and possible where i can source the press fit hose fittings that exit the engine block a various points to connect the coolant hoses to?

I've searched for press fit spigots, end stops, hose connectors, but so far have not found a result, i would of thought those companies that sell the core plugs would do then but I've not found one yet.

Not desperate yet, but noticed a bit of corrosion on the over starter motor one, so would like to have one ready for next time i flush the system out.

cheers
Ron
Got a Bongo for the Wife, Best trade-in ever
Bongolia
Supreme Being

Re: engine block hose fittings

Post by Bongolia » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:37 am

Are you talking about the block spigots like this?
https://goo.gl/photos/GT9G12PuiP43Nezv5
Darkstar
Bongolier

Post by Darkstar » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:05 pm

Yep that's the ones
Got a Bongo for the Wife, Best trade-in ever
Bongolia
Supreme Being

Post by Bongolia » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:47 pm

I had doubts about mine when doing the rebuild of the lump, hence the image, but after cleaning down and checking the outside and the inside with a USB endoscope was happy that all was OK.
Checked with Ford as the WL T is common with the Ranger and they are not shown as a seperate listing :shock:
Dunno about Lush Projects.
OD of spigot is 16mm ID is 15mm so 16mm tube would sort it alternatively I wondered if after cleaning the inside of the spigot whether a length of 15mm tube, copper? could be frozen down, plumbers pipe freezer? and the spigot warmed, hot air gun? and shoved up it! :P
Possibly buttering up the outside of insert and inside of spigot with a liberal dose of Wellseal?
Hopefully it will turn out to be just be a weepy hose fit.
Good Luck.

Return to “Techie Stuff”