Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Re: Rear vent air con issues

Post by mikeonb4c » Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:31 pm

Bob wrote:Glad you found it. :D

Never feel embaressed about asking on here, Bongos have many little individual quirks and most of us have been caught out by one or two.

Also, this post will help others. :wink:
Ohhhhh yes. I've been caught out by Bongo Bob more than once. He still has the negatives, though he can't remember which way up to view them :lol:
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:16 pm

Eejit. :lol:
Jimbobvfr400
Bongolier

Post by Jimbobvfr400 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:13 pm

Id be surprised if you're getting cool air in the rear unless the rear heating isn't working.

When I got mine the panel had also been removed in the rear, however I discovered on mine at least that while you can change the other functions from the front panel except the heat setting, that disconnecting the panel defaults to hot in the rear.

So even now you've sorted the airflow issue you may find the vents will be blowing hot air, providing the heater in the back works.

I installed a replacement panel, it's just loose in the cupboard at the moment but it does now mean I can change the temperature setting, both the aircon and heat now work perfectly in the rear.

Not sure where you are but if you're near me in Yorkshire you are welcome to borrow my panel to test your rear system is working as it should.
Jamie, Caroline and the kids.
2002 V6 Aero AFT
Yeti
Junior Bongonaut

Post by Yeti » Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:00 pm

Excellent timing of the post Jimbob, we noticed today that the air coming out of the vents was indeed hot :cry:

Thanks for the kind offer to test it. I'm in West Lancs so it would be a bit of a drive up to Harrogate (if that's where you are). I might see if I can source one locally, if not, I may give you a nudge :D

Can I ask where you sourced your replacement panel?
"It is his love, it is his passion"
"It is his fault he didn't lock the garage!"
Achooski
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by Achooski » Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:23 pm

Hello all,
We're new Bongo owners and we have a side conversion such that we can't get to the recess where the rear heater control panel is.

When we press the REAR button on the front (dashboard) heater panel, there seems to be suction from the bigger (rearmost) floor-height vent panel in the rear offside, and there appears to be air blown out of the smaller panel (just behind the driver's seat).

As we can't get to the rear control, am I right in understanding that the front control allows a brief time (from pressing the REAR button) to select whether the upper or lower vents receive the airflow ?

I didn't quite understand Jimbo's comment regarding "...disconnecting the panel defaults to hot in the rear" - does this mean disconnecting the front panel from the rear wiring (and if so how do we do that), and if not then what exactly does it mean ?

Thank you
Mark & Helen
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Post by g8dhe » Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:34 pm

Have you checked the cupboards inside, the better conversions move the control panel onto the dividing wall which is the limit of the existing cables?
Geoff
2001 Aero V6, AFT, full side conversion.
Image Spherical Visions

Return to “Techie Stuff”