Tools?

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

Syner
Bongonaut

Tools?

Post by Syner » Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:48 pm

Has anyone compiled a list of tools you need for general Bongo maintenance?
Northern Bongolow
Supreme Being

Re: Tools?

Post by Northern Bongolow » Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:18 pm

its a short list.

lots
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:04 pm

I keep a trolley jack in the back, just don't trust the ones that come with cars and much easier to use. 8)
BigPanzer
Tribal Elder

Post by BigPanzer » Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:14 am

Hi,

Depends if you mean tools you keep at home or stuff to carry in the Bongo. I (normally) carry a tool roll that I can cram into the cubby hole where the jack goes, but the contents are pretty basic - a set of ring/open enders, large & small pliers, medium size Mole grips, a small selection of screwdrivers, very sharp lock knife, side cutters, allen keys. The one time I needed something from said roll I found I had left it at home!
However I also carry a plastic tub that just fits under the rear seat which has a comprehensive first aid kit, tyre pump, duct tape, rescue tape, bodge tape, set of spare bulbs & ALL fuses, 5mm parachord, belts, awning pegs with puller and tiedown kit, jump leads, large torch, welly stick and a small box with various electrical bits like different sizes of wire, a cheap multimeter and some assorted connectors such as the hated Scotchloks. In the glovebox there is a small torch and a tyre pressure gauge. There is probably more, but I really can't remember.
Also well worth carrying is a set of printed instructions on how to do the bleeding dance and lower the aft in an emergency.
It sounds a lot, but its very little more than I would carry in any car when I was out and about and almost always stuff has been used to help out somebody else.

Don't forget its highly advisable to have a look at what is mandatory for European travel such as a fire extinguisher, warning triangle, yellow jackets and some of the above mentioned. Although not compulsory in the UK, they should be.

Cheers

Peter

Return to “Techie Stuff”