Front vent air flow

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

05gt
Bongonaut

Front vent air flow

Post by 05gt » Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:36 pm

The air flow from the front vents in my bongo seems very poor when the display is showing to be flowing to my face.
However I have checked the rods in the footwell and they are connected, I have checked the door/flap in the air intake is working and it changed when I switch the recirculate button on off as expected.
I also believe that I can hear the fan so it seems to be working as well.
It is the digital air con that I have. The bongo does get cooler when the air con is on it is just on other cars I have had the airflow has felt much stronger. Can others advise what they experience in their bongo?
Bongolia
Supreme Being

Re: Front vent air flow

Post by Bongolia » Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:46 pm

I would like to second o5gts question,mine feels poor as well is this a trait?
Also the lowest setting I can drop to is 18dgs is that normal?
2.0ltr 2001 AFT
Ta.
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Post by g8dhe » Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:44 pm

The cooling matrix beyond the fan in the front can get very blocked up see this thread http://igmaynard.co.uk/bongo/forum/view ... 80#p629880 it may just need a good clean.
Geoff
2001 Aero V6, AFT, full side conversion.
Image Spherical Visions
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:39 am

g8dhe wrote:The cooling matrix beyond the fan in the front can get very blocked up see this thread http://igmaynard.co.uk/bongo/forum/view ... 80#p629880 it may just need a good clean.
I was wondering about that. Sorted mine some years back and it blows clean as a whistle now. Sometimes, a crudded up system is associated with a mildewy smell coming out of the vents - a legacy of time spent in Japan.
05gt
Bongonaut

Post by 05gt » Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:08 pm

Thanks for sharing that link I will have a go at cleaning the matrix as per the link. We are on holiday at the moment though so will be a couple of weeks before I get to it. Fortunately it isn't too warm where we are!

Return to “Techie Stuff”