sliding door wont open

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

PisceanJoy
Bongolier

sliding door wont open

Post by PisceanJoy » Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:03 pm

Door unlocked but won't open form outside and probably onside but not agile enought to find out
Any ideas why plase
Glenda
Bongolier

Re: sliding door wont open

Post by Glenda » Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:32 pm

Hi you used to live near me in Hove, King Alfred area.
We had this problem when our battery went flat with the door open. Once closed we cold not open it. I searched this forum and found that you take the internal door cover away at the top and push a stick or pole inside. at the bottom of door is a cog, which you hit with said stick. I did this without much belief but lo and behold a few whirring noises later everything was working.
Good luck
PisceanJoy
Bongolier

Post by PisceanJoy » Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:34 pm

Thanks I am off to Barcelona tomorrow but when I get back I will take your explanation to Garage and see if I can get it sorted
rita
Supreme Being

Post by rita » Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:40 pm

This should help....Push the buckle in the direction of the arrow to rest the mechanism .

http://www.geocities.jp/pf60g180/NKbg22.html
dobby
Supreme Being

Post by dobby » Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:46 pm

Don't forget the thwump options:

http://igmaynard.co.uk/bongo/forum/sear ... mit=Search

Saves taking the door card off
Rocketscientist123
Junior Bongonaut

Post by Rocketscientist123 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:46 am

Hi, I had this problem too after the battery went flat. I tried hitting the door on the inside as per various threads but this didn’t work.
My solution was to remove the door handle (remove circlip first) and then the window trim and inside door fascia.
In the centre of the door is the soft close mechanism (?) with a motor and gear mechanism pulling a cable that links to the rear of the door. There is a manual release on this, which when pushed will release the ‘jammed’ door: On the periphery of the big cog mechanism is a small round metal knob, which when pushed toward the centre of the cog on its slider will activate the manual release. When the door is operating normally this ‘stud’ rotates between 10 and 2 o’clock, resting at the 10 o’clock position. When mine was jammed it was stuck in the 2 o’clock position, even when the battery was disconnected and reconnected. I’ll try and upload a photo of the stud and mechanism to clarify the above

Doh! Just saw Rita’s post in 2016: the link to the Japanese website shows the manual release as I described

Take care removing the body panel as it is only hardboard and the plastic clips on my Bongo have gone brittle with age meaning that the hardboard hole holding the clips get a bit knackered with every removal.
Cheers
Graham
Anne ketchen
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by Anne ketchen » Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:47 am

Thankyou so much for these excellent instructions. . I'd tried disconnecting the battery, thumping, and poking with a stick but i wasn't quite sure where,. This time, I followed your instructions ( but i couldn't get the door card off completely ) found the round mechanism and reset it 👍👍. The only thing I would say, is that the mechanism clicks and whirrs at a very frightening speed afterwards, and I did worry what would happen to any stray fingers!
Thanks again! X
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:37 am

Well done. =D>

And welcome to BF. 8)

Return to “Techie Stuff”