Front fog lights

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

57Chevy

Post by 57Chevy » Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:58 pm

That is why I posted the question in the first place because that's exactly where I live on Saddleworth moor.The fog lights are for function and not for show as suggested! I'm glad trevd01 you face the same problem at this time of the year.
David Edwards
Supreme Being

Post by David Edwards » Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:05 am

Guys if you live in really foggy places then go for it, one of our mechanics fitted some to our old police van which we used to search the mountains for stolen cars, he experimented and found yellow bulbs (or lenses) helped best in fog. Cheers,.
bigdaddycain
Supreme Being

Post by bigdaddycain » Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:57 am

The ring roadrunner fog lamps retail for around ?20 ish around here, i take it you mean the smallish oblong ones? You get a switch,relay and mounting brackets,but not the cable. i havent purchased a set yet,but they do look like they would fit well in the aperture,i,m only going to fit a set because i hate holes or blanks where something should be! i cant be doing with that "ive got fog lights , so im gonna use em" brigade either, but i think they would be handy to have on the motorway in a really big downpour when there is a lot of spray. I,ll have my set aimed very low to the ground to cut down on glare. I fitted a set of bullbars to mine because i was getting a bit fed up with front bumper damage from people who mustn,t have mirrors fitted to their cars, worked out cheaper than the visits to the bodyshop! did the trick too!
ビッグダディケイン RIP Big Bank Hank (Imp the Dimp) 1957-2014
dandywarhol
Supreme Being

Post by dandywarhol » Fri Oct 13, 2006 4:02 pm

...............wait for it! :roll:
Whale oil beef hooked
Renault Lunar Telstar
Yamaha TD1C 250, Merc SLK200, KTM Duke 690
bigdaddycain
Supreme Being

Post by bigdaddycain » Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:37 am

well yes ... fingers crossed eh?
Dave up north

Post by Dave up north » Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:30 am

Oooh, you are awful. Using fog lamps in the rain AND a set of bullbars.
You will get an asbo for this, I am sure. :wink:
trevd01

Post by trevd01 » Sun Oct 15, 2006 5:39 pm

Ian wrote:A little bird has told me that they can supply genuine Mazda fog lamp kits, brand new, for all Bongo models. But he's asking questions about "what the market will stand".

So bearing in mind that you can get Ring foglamps that will fit the front-bumper recesses for under �40 a set, and bearing in mind that these retail for around �215 from Mazda, how much would people be willing to pay for a fullset of genuine Mazda lamps including all switches & clamps?
I've just taken a picture of a foglamp blank on my new shape. It seems to turn up in the corner. Is this the same as on earlier vans? I think it looks different.

Ian
Supreme Being

Post by Ian » Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:43 pm

It's different from earlier models. And still in production. Mazda originals for new style Bongos available at (wait for it) around £240!!!!
668. The Neighbour of The Beast.
David Edwards
Supreme Being

Post by David Edwards » Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:00 pm

Nope no more, done, my bullbar ranting. Each to their own. Happy motoring.
bigdaddycain
Supreme Being

Post by bigdaddycain » Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:01 am

Dave up north wrote:Oooh, you are awful. Using fog lamps in the rain AND a set of bullbars.
You will get an asbo for this, I am sure. :wink:
He he ,i know! i,ll remove my permanent 4x4 stickers by way of a penance...

Return to “Techie Stuff”