Help needed

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

Ellie
Apprentice Bongonaut

Help needed

Post by Ellie » Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:21 am

Hi there, I am new to the wonderful world of Bongo and having made my purchase via Ebay last Monday I have discovered as few tweaks that my lovely new van needs and would like to ask advice....I have a Friendee year 2000 and upon driving it home discovered that the wing mirrors wobble and that then speedo wobbles and then drops away completely at high speed. Are these known faults? Does anyone have any idea how much it would cost to put them right?

I am based in Bournemouth so advice on any good mechanics in the area would be appreciated.

Warmest regards,

Ellie
Bluespanner
Bongolier

Re: Help needed

Post by Bluespanner » Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:49 am

RD Motors in Poole live and breath Bongo's, I found them a little pricey so moved to a local garage in west dorset. He will certainly give you advice.
My wing mirror had a similar problem, tried a fix on it which didn't work. managed to get a second hand one off ebay for around £40. You need to remove the door panel to get at a bolt and remove the outside plastic cover below the wing mirror which will expose another 2 bolts. then the cable connector can be undone and the wing mirror can be removed. Most of the repairs I've read about on here haven't be succesful. i don't think it's a resetting job, by pushing the mirror fully out towards front of vehicle then retracting
As for the speedo thats sounds a bit more complex.
I'm sure someone on here will know..
321Away
Tribal Elder

Post by 321Away » Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:22 am

Speedo reacting that way is usually an indication of incorrect/poor grounding of the converter chip,usually found behind the clocks

Julian
Ellie
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by Ellie » Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:24 am

Hey thanks Bluespanner. I will try RD Motors. Thank you so much for your advice.
Ellie
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by Ellie » Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:28 am

Oki dokes 321 away. Not sure what any of that means but appreciate your response. I think I will just pop my Bongo into a couple of local garages for quotes/advice as I am not competent myself with these things.

Any other referrals to trusted mechanics in the area is welcome.

Kind regards.
teenmal
Supreme Being

Post by teenmal » Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:29 pm

321Away wrote:Speedo reacting that way is usually an indication of incorrect/poor grounding of the converter chip,usually found behind the clocks

Julian

What do you recon

Quote "the wing mirrors wobble "

Where have you been.

Return to “Techie Stuff”