Losing power will not rev past 1500rpm then stalls

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

teenmal
Supreme Being

Re: Losing power will not rev past 1500rpm then stalls

Post by teenmal » Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:24 pm

BongoDansk

Yes you can eliminate suction line/filters ,if you bypass them, but you need to remove the banjo filter ,fit a hose to the banjo fittings into a Clean container of fresh fuel. Don't be alarmed if the container empties quickly as some of the fuel will return to tank.

When was the last time the tank was cleaned and the filters replaced??.
BongoDansk
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by BongoDansk » Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:32 pm

Thanks so much for all the help here. Guess what?? Turned out to be the Banjo filter! I had told the garage, when i first broke down in Holland, that I guessed it was a fuel starvation problem - and that something was blocked. Well £150 later they could find nothing and so i got transported to my destination. Where I checked the EGR valves, as that was one of the problems suggested here - and I didn't check the Banjo filter as the garage had surely done that already???? Anyway, when I checked the EGR valves one of them was indeed faulty (it wouldn't click when you provided power to it) so I replaced this and it made no difference. So I then checked the power to the EGR valves and strangely enough the one on the right, under the handbrake on the drivers side, showed a voltage of 12V at the connector, but the one on the left never showed a voltage, even when the engine was revved (should it??). Anyway - I then took out the Banjo filter and it looked dirty - gave it a good clean and things seem to be working fine again now. Will order a nice new filter set just to be on the safe side. Thanks to everyone here!
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:44 am

Great news and must be a great relief. File under 'Cars: use them or lose them' #-o :lol:

Return to “Techie Stuff”