Workshop Manual

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

Bongobus

Workshop Manual

Post by Bongobus » Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:02 pm

Now the first batch has arrived - could we have a couple pics before purchase, thanks
Ian
Supreme Being

Post by Ian » Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:04 pm

Sure thing. Keep an eye on the "Manuals" section on the "Parts & Stuff" page and I'll put something on in next day or two.
668. The Neighbour of The Beast.
andyfb78

Post by andyfb78 » Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:43 pm

Hallo,

I'm one of those looking forward (? ;-) ) to receiving my manual so that I can carry out a few of the jobs on the bongo that need doing......

Anyhoo.... I got the letter t'other week about the balance and sent it by Paypal.....

Any ideas when I'll get my shiny new book???

cheers

Andy
ChrisEm

Post by ChrisEm » Wed Sep 06, 2006 3:21 pm

I'm waiting with baited breath too! spanners in hand! :?
Ian
Supreme Being

Post by Ian » Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:28 pm

The first batch of 40 manuals were sent out today to the first 40 deposits received. I am still awaiting the next deliveries from New Zealand, so the next 40 will be sent out when received, probably this time next week.
Chris P

Post by Chris P » Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:26 am

Ian wrote:The first batch of 40 manuals were sent out today to the first 40 deposits received.
Yeehah - a shiny manual in the post when I get bck from China next week!

Thanks, Ian.

Chris
parabat2

Post by parabat2 » Thu Sep 07, 2006 11:13 am

Mine arrived today, which is great. Thanks Ian.

But why, oh why print the words "COPYRIGHT OF REPAIR MANUALS LTD" across the middle of every page, obscuring text and diagrams? Its bloody annoying! :evil:
Kentish Paul
Bongolier

Post by Kentish Paul » Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:26 pm

What you doing in China Chris. I was there a month or so back and am returning early Oct.
Bongo National Party - The law-abiding should have rights too!
Ian
Supreme Being

Post by Ian » Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:30 pm

parabat2 wrote:But why, oh why print the words "COPYRIGHT OF REPAIR MANUALS LTD" across the middle of every page, obscuring text and diagrams?
To stop illegal photocopies and pirate versions appearing on eBay.
parabat2

Post by parabat2 » Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:40 pm

Obviously, but I don't think it is an acceptable solution because it reduces the quality of the product. The copyright notice at the top and bottom fo the page should be sufficient.

Would you be happy buying a film with "COPYRIGHT PARANOID STUDIOS" permanently plastered across the top third of the picture?

Having said that, the information it contains is so useful that I'm still pleased I bought it.

Said my bit now, so will shut up.
Dave up north

Post by Dave up north » Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:56 pm

Ian wrote:
parabat2 wrote:
Damn.
Does that mean I will have to buy a legit copy then?
Chris P

Post by Chris P » Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:35 pm

Kentish Paul wrote:What you doing in China Chris. I was there a month or so back and am returning early Oct.
Daja hao, Kentish Paul

Working with Chinese universities - 4th visit in two years. Bit of a tour this time - Beijing, Shenyang, Dalian and off to Guangzhou tomorrow, or Canton as we used to call it...

Cheers

Chris
David Edwards
Supreme Being

Post by David Edwards » Thu Sep 07, 2006 4:22 pm

Got mine this morning, started reading it, not much of a story or plot line but pretty good on the whole, surpried tho to find no section on things like seat removal, panel removal, etc. I know we cant have everything and its all on the forum probs but I have a rear speaker dead and been waiting for the manual rather than run the risk of the dodgy search. Never mind. Someone has got to a lot of trouble to produce it for us and I am very grateful. Happy motoring.
Veg_Ian

Post by Veg_Ian » Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:05 am

Yeah it's a bit 'thin' in terms of depth of content but then it is typical of Mazda tech manuals judging by others I've seen. Maybe I've been spoiled with having Toyotas for so many years. Mind you I'm not complaining, getting something like this for a Jap import is quite an achievement. It should prove very useful over the years. BTW have you seen the pipework for the EGR??? Frightening, maybe I'll just stay with blocking off the vac pipe until I can pluck up the courage to wade in there with an angle grinder :lol:
vanvliet
Supreme Being

Post by vanvliet » Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:59 pm

Yes the copyright on every page is bloody annoying :evil:
I too was looking for panel removal info - -zilch
I want to fit a rear spoiler to a non bespoilered car and finally found the reference to removing the rear spoiler on page 328. It tells me to 'remove the rear spoiler' 'Refer to section S' ??????????Whaaaa
- - -but there is a lot of good stuff too :)

Return to “Techie Stuff”