which Sprinter wheel arch

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

MyBongoiscalledDave
Bongonaut

Re: which Sprinter wheel arch

Post by MyBongoiscalledDave » Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:49 pm

TheLongRoad wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:01 pm Make sure you remove the interior trim and anything that can catch fire ... it’s not unusual for vehicles to catch fire otherwise. I’ve got the full side conversion and rock n roll to remove, plus interior trim before my garage will go near it.
That’s a good point. Thankfully I’ve emptied my van, completely. I’m gonna try to get a welder and get on this pretty soon so I can start getting the back built out.
TheLongRoad
Bongolier

Post by TheLongRoad » Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:43 am

Sorry for slow reply, also keep an eye on any sound proofing or waxoil as they can catch fire behind the panel your working on. I usually try to have a ‘fire watcher’ inside the vehicle if possible. Short stitches of weld is the way to go rather than trying a long run. It will avoid too much heat build up and warping panels. Good look. Share picture because you know we all like pictures of restorations.
2002 Friendee 2.0 ltr Petrol.
mickc
Bongonaut

Post by mickc » Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:51 pm

My rear arches were replaced 8 years ago at great expense and are again rotting around the edges.

I've decided to buy a set of wheel arch trims from Van-X at £50 which come in primer and are bonded on.

Worth a try for the price I think.

These are the Sprinter arches I found after a search......

https://www.carz2.co.uk/mercedes-sprint ... 5966-p.asp

Return to “Techie Stuff”