side light bulb

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

kingbillybongo
Bongolier

side light bulb

Post by kingbillybongo » Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:29 pm

at work and noticed i have one not lit,to save time i thought id ask ,how do you change one as i can't find at a glance how you get to them to get one out?thanks.
[color=#0000BF]billybongofreedom[/color]
Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Re: side light bulb

Post by Muzorewa » Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:32 pm

Open bonnet, there's a screw (10mm AF from memory) holding the lug of the housing onto the body. Remove that then tap the whole thing sideways, you'll then be able to get to the bulb :wink:
kingbillybongo
Bongolier

Post by kingbillybongo » Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:37 pm

great stuff,thank you very much muzz,saves time fumbling about. =D> :D
Simon Jones
Supreme Being

Post by Simon Jones » Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:38 pm

Front or rear, & what year?

The later headlights are slightly different (see here: http://www.igmaynard.co.uk/bongo/forum/ ... hilit=+HID) but you should be able to access the side light bulb holder from the rear of the unit. If it's fiddly, you may find it easier to remove whole headlamp which will only take 5 mins, but the grill had to come off too.
mikeWalsall
Supreme Being

Post by mikeWalsall » Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:24 pm

I decided to fit some LEDs to my front side lights really was a simple five minute job ..

I got some off eBay from China about £3.60 for two .. each with 68 SMD .. (surface mounted diodes) ..

On the earlier Bongos it's an easy job to get the front indicator / side light units out .. just remove the one top screw and pull the whole unit forward .. it maybe a bit stiff as there are two 'tongues' on the (black) light unit that fit into two slots on the (grey) headlight unit ..

The old bulbs are a simple 'twist and pull' to get them out of the side light unit ..

Quick tip .. the LEDs will only work one way round .. before fitting into there into the light units .. fit into the holder and test .. if it does not come on .. remove .. turn the LED 180 degrees .. re fit ..

I sprayed some WD40 on the rear of the light units and the retaining 'slots' and the units slid in easier ..
JAL Mushroom roof,12/240v, fridge, cooker, sink, LPG V6 .. (written off @ £5500 Nov 2016)
kingbillybongo
Bongolier

Post by kingbillybongo » Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:52 pm

Thanks guys,all sorted in seconds,only had a 15 minute break to sort it,so thought I would ask the experts instead of fumbling about until I could work it out.as usual a great result in minutes. =D> =D>
I love this forum. :D :D :D

Return to “Techie Stuff”